Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psp d-pad

• 07-04-2006 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

There was this doo hicky for the gba that you could put over your d-pad so that it was more comfortable for fighting games and other such games (could do quarter turns etc)

Now i love my psp for its emulators but its an absolute b*tch trying to play some of them (urban strike, mortal kombat etc) cause i cant do any quarter turns.

Is there a similar doo hicky for the psp i can pick up. Or is there another way around this annoying problem.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,751 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

In some emulators you can activate the analogue stick for movement. There wa also a thing to put over the d-pad that came with the jap version of Street Fighter.

I didn't think Sony could make the PS d-pad any worse until the PSP came out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

u can put some cardboard piece under it to make it better, works appretly, some tutoirals outthere, void warranty not worth it imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

There wa also a thing to put over the d-pad that came with the jap version of Street Fighter.

but not with the european version?

damn thats exactly what is on the gba...but should also be on the psp...

do you know which emulators allow one to use the analogue stick?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,751 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The only emulator that I feel I should bother with is PSPGenesis. This allows analogue control. Any other emulaotr either is too slow or amazingly ever single game I want to play on it doesn't work. I'm using a 2.0 PSP and haven't downgraded yet so there are probably better ones for 1.5 users.

Advertisement