Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ah, a little help in visual basic please??

Options
  • 07-04-2006 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

okay, not the best at V.B and even worse at explaining problems but here goes:

right i have my V.B program linked to a database through a data navigator, and i have a first,previous,next and last command buttons to navigate through the database. in this program i have one field as a combo box, which is populated and all, thats fine, and all the fields around it update, like its suppose to.

the problem is when i go to a name anywhere in this combo box and then go next or previous, it goes back to the second person in the list. the record pointer doesn't move to the name that i'm currently viewing. the pointer stays at the first name.

Here is the code for the combo box:

Private Sub DBCmbProdName_Change()
    ProdName = DBCmbProdName
    sqlQuery = "select * from products where productname = '" & ProdName & "'"
    With dtaQuery
    .RecordSource = sqlQuery
    .Refresh
    End With

End Sub

told you i wasn't very good
    any help would be hugely appreiciated.
    cheers