Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiders + shed....

Options
  • 07-04-2006 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hey all,
    Thought i would ask asll you DIY/Garden inclined people. I have a concrete shed with wooden roof thats my makshift gym, ive used it for years and cleaned it out and got rid of most insects but in the past few weeks ive noticed an increase in spiders mainly..some big bastards..around the shed. Is there any sort of chemical or anything that could be used to get rid of them, granted im not scared of spiders but when laying on a bench press i would rather a spider not fall onto my face:P thanks for any help:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

kwalsh000 wrote:
    Hey all,
    Thought i would ask asll you DIY/Garden inclined people. I have a concrete shed with wooden roof thats my makshift gym, ive used it for years and cleaned it out and got rid of most insects but in the past few weeks ive noticed an increase in spiders mainly..some big bastards..around the shed. Is there any sort of chemical or anything that could be used to get rid of them, granted im not scared of spiders but when laying on a bench press i would rather a spider not fall onto my face:P thanks for any help:)
    Just take them out and make sure you leave them at least 50yds from your house.

I wouldn't go killing any spiders, you might be glad of them over the next few months when the fly population explodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Aziraphale

Spiders are wonderful!

...But you could always kill any females with egg sacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Ive brought alot of them out, but its gettin to the point there is so many, and other weird n wonderful insects. Will those noise devices work, the ones that emit certain frequency noises to drive them away? or am i destined to do a clean out again:P Thanks for the reply tho guys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

That nippon ant spray is deadly. We sprayed some of it and a year later any insect that cross that patch dies. Bit scary its so powerful and lasts so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Nippon Ant spray? il have to have a look into that. Its really that powerful? is there a strong smell from it or any other warnings on it. Because i will be working out in the shed have to be careful with sprays but thanks:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement