Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zen problem

Options
  • 07-04-2006 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

My boyfriend dropped my micro zen on the carpet, from ab out 4 foot distance. Now whenever I turn it on it just stays on 'Creative', nothing happens. How much would it be 2 get it repaired?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

there is a way to reboot the zen which might work. if you ring creative they will let tell you how to do this. if this fails you can send it back and they will send you a new one if it is still in warranty. i had to send back mine twice which is a bit annoying. all i can say is that the next mp3 player i get in the future will not be from creative..

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

My boyfriend dropped my micro zen on the carpet, from ab out 4 foot distance. Now whenever I turn it on it just stays on 'Creative', nothing happens. How much would it be 2 get it repaired?

Hi,
    When you plug in the player into the PC is there any life? Does the PC see it as a HDD?

The problem here is that the Zen Micro is hard drive based, which means it is susceptible to shock and vibe damage.

The only thing to do is first reset the player and if that does not work try to reinstall the firmware.

http://ie.europe.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?sOSName=Windows+XP&region=3&Product_Name=Zen+Micro&Product_ID=10795&modelnumber=&driverlang=1033&OS=10&drivertype=4&x=23&y=15

Use this link to download the latest firmware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Hey
    The computer doesnt realise the zen is connected, I tried to reload the firmware but it just said the player would not connect. This is my 2nd replacement, and since its my fault (well my boyfs) i doubt theyll give me another. Any ideas!?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

It does not look good. I would send back to Creative under warranty, you have nothing to lose.

Advertisement