Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Europe on the PS3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

zabbo wrote:
    sigh

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I think these are assets from Rockstar's Ping Pong game on 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

LookingFor wrote:
    I think these are assets from Rockstar's Ping Pong game on 360.
    bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

im confused... whats going on here? screenshot while incredible looking( in a non-gay computer graphics way! ) doesnt really show much and could be a pre-render for all we know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Well fcuk me pink, if the cell can do that, consider my name of that ps3 pre-order list :D Anyone remember those renders from before the ps2 launched?.......... it never did live up to those. Still want one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

sure the ps1 can produce a decent screenshot that dosnt show anything other than a good artist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Really doubt thats from a game, maybe a cut scene and if so its impressive, but the amount of work a machine would have to do to render multiple people who look like that is way beyond what even Sony have projected the PS3 will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

man im gonna laugh when ps3 comes out just to look like 360, which it probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Placebo wrote:
    man im gonna laugh when ps3 comes out just to look like 360, which it probably is.

engrish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

"internal use only" = fake

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Right... impressive still shot of a guy from a game, a Rockstar logo in the corner (which certainly wasn't put there by anyone but a Rockstar exec.)...

Analysing...

processing conclusion...

GTA Europe... 3000. Part 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Anyone remember those renders from before the ps2 launched?..........
    alot of people seem to forgot that alright :rolleyes:

Placebo wrote:

So far it looks better, IMO. And the biggest difference I think will be in things like physics etc. anyway.

But again, since so many people seem to be missing the point, these are assets from Rockstar's ping pong game, not GTA.
    Anyone remember those renders from before the ps2 launched?.......... it never did live up to those.

You ought to go back and have another look at them. None of them were prerendered, in contrast with the PS3's initial showing, funnily enough, and IMO pretty much all have been matched or beat in various games now. Some were matched at launch (e.g. the Tekken demo, From Software's demo etc.). The only think some of them had going for them that we didn't get in PS2 games was that a couple of them were rendered at higher resolutions than PS2's native, but that was probably for the print magazines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Still, sony have a reputation for misleading customers, I would expect to see real footage, of games running not "expected results"

So unless Snake hops out of one of my ps3's twin hdmi outputs, tears out the 60gb hard drive, grabs seven usb/bluetooth whatever devices, slams them in my face then breaks my own neck, I wont be a happy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

seen in a mag that theres a gta game called grand theft auto land of the free sounds like a crap name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Unfortunately I've been googling and having trouble finding any PS2 images from E3 1999. However there's many pictures of MGS2 from E3 2000 which everyone said was prerendered, and the final product was identical to what was shown. MGS4 will be the same.

I don't really know how anyone can complain that the PS2 was some kind of let down. 90% of the best console games of the last half decade have been PS2 games, with the exception of Halo(which I personally hate) and a few Nintendo games. Owning an xbox 360 didn't stop me from rushing out to buy(and greatly enjoy) both SOTC and Katamari last month. If I was able to find any of the original tech demos I'd be surprised if they looked better than God of War or GT4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

Ps2, if going by Sony's old videos should have looked like the 360's graphics.
    Also
    Sony have exaggerated the Ps3's capability with the FMV videos at E3
    Look at this comparision

Click Here

rip2roar wrote:
    Ps2, if going by Sony's old videos should have looked like the 360's graphics.
    Also
    Sony have exaggerated the Ps3's capability with the FMV videos at E3
    Look at this comparision

Click Here

We all know that Sony used CG for some of their games last E3. If you've seen the new Motorstorm vids, though, it still looks ****-hot compared to what we've had before.

Also, once and for all to bury these stupid PS2 comments:

Original demo:

gt16dz.jpg

(Note the horrible aliasing, on the lighting also. The only thing this has going for it is its resolution. This demo was using GT2 assets with fancier lighting and effects).

Actual game:

gran-turismo-4-20050112115348215.jpg

gran-turismo-4-20050112115343153.jpg

Original demo:

ff10ix.jpg

ff39aw.jpg

Actual game(s):

ffx_eng_020.jpg
    ffxsquare_32.jpg
    final-fantasy-xii-20040604015456623.jpg
    final-fantasy-xii-20040604015503279.jpg

Original Demo (and this one was only ever intended purely as a tech demo, not as a representation of a game!)

square_202.jpg

Actual game: (Silent Hill 3)

silenthill15ww.jpg
    silenthill3_051203_12.jpg
    sh3_0116_33.jpg

There were other demos of course, the Tekken one - which looked better in its launch game. The Reiko one from Ridge Racer was brimful of aliasing, clearly realtime, and at least matched in various games since then. And I haven't even touched on the most beautiful PS2 games (the likes of MGS3, Ico, Shadow of the Collossus, ZOE2 etc.)

Sony were in fact the only ones NOT to use prerendered footage at their initial console announcement last gen. Both MS (with Raven) and Nintendo (with Waverace) did.

Thusfar all the companies have used prerendered footage to promote their next-gen systems, barring Nintendo who've shown very little fullstop. But in both MS and Sony's cases, most of what they've shown has not been prerendered.

Sorry for the long post, it's just tiring to see these "Sony lied" posts re. PS2. I think some people simply forget what those original demos actually looked like, all they simply remember is being blown away by them at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

motorstorm @ E3 2005:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5XiGxfLG-M&search=motorstorm

motorstorm @ GDC 2006:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLzUfamYd-g&search=motorstorm

comparing a hi-res pic with a horrible low-res camera phone pic isn't doing any justice. see them both running (the trailer and the in-game stuff), and you see that actually, the difference isn't exponential.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

This thread - :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

Out of all those pics you showed none were ingame except for GT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

did you know the revolution will actually be 17 times more better than the ps3 is gonna will be?!?!?!?!

Advertisement