Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's going on at Inter?

• 07-04-2006 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
    Roberto Mancini claims he knows who has been leaking stories of Inter’s locker-room bust-ups to the Press.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“I am not accustomed to talking about what goes on in the changing rooms,” pointed out the tactician.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“Those who are used to this behaviour cannot afford to be part of this squad. I know who those responsible are and they’ll have to get rid of that habit quick smart.”
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The Italian Press was full of stories about a violent row between Nerazzurri players both at half-time and after the final whistle of the Champions League quarter-final loss to Villarreal.

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]It was alleged that several stars came to blows with pushing and shoving between Juan Sebastian Veron and Adriano, even claiming that a group of players ganged up on the Brazilian.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Mancini’s comments have to all intents and purposes admitted some truth to these allegations. The Coach is hanging by a thread after missing out on the Scudetto and Champions League, but insists he won’t quit.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“I have never thought about resigning. I did my best and more for this team, but unfortunately we haven’t been able to win. To quit would be the easiest thing to do, as it would mean passing the buck to someone else, but I have not even thought about it. I believe I have to see my work through.”
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Inter have nonetheless been linked with a series of top Coaches for next season, from Fiorentina’s Cesare Prandelli to Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho and England manager Sven Goran Eriksson. The pressure is on Mancini to aim for second place as they travel to Ascoli for Saturday’s game.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“At least we’ll be back on the field quickly and I am convinced this will help us get over the shock of our European exit,” added the former Lazio tactician.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“The disappointment lasted two days, but now it’s our duty to recharge our batteries and end the season in the best possible way. We have another six Serie A matches and, hopefully, three in the Coppa Italia so everyone must give their best.”
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Adriano has not even made the trip to the Stadio Del Duca, while Veron is out for a month with an injury, so David Pizarro gets his chance in midfield.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr7i.html

From my vague sort of pop the head round the door and see whats going on in Serie A updates every few weeks, I thought Mancini was doing pretty well with the perennial under-performers, won the Coppa Italia last year and 2 points behind AC in third place at the moment. I was aware of how desperate Adriano has been this calender year, is this the only reason L'Imperators stock is slipping, or is there something deeper? I seem to recall reading him showing up late for training a few months ago, caused a bit of strife, how much exactly I know not. Moratti, the Inter President, also hinted he might quit soon, but that's understandable given the club has been a money bonfire the last decade. Am I reading too much into a dressing room spat or has Adriano now become sellable?

Interesting Fact: Everyone in professional football has, or will be at some point in the future, been employed by Inter Milan.
    [/FONT]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

there was a quote in one of the papers today from the inter chairman saying they wanted robbie keane!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

sure that wasn't a much older paper? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

All the players hate Adriano. Not 100% sure if its a specific incidnet or just his attitude. THey were well pissed off he came back late from International duty. Went downhill sharply from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Doodee wrote:

i had wondered whether the paper had just resurrected really old quotes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Doodee wrote:

The Mirror had it :) so maybe they were having a slow day ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The Mirror had it :) so maybe they were having a slow day ;)

The Mirror has nothing but slow days. Apparently Glen Johnson is off to Bilbao.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

inter are an absoloute disaster, for years now they've had the one of best teams in seria A and they still cant win it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

The fans aren't too happy with the team, apparantly:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr9g.html
    Inter players attacked in ambush

Several Inter players were physically attacked last night, with Cristiano Zanetti sustaining bruising, as tension spilled out into an ambush.

At approximately 2.30am last night in the car park of Milan's Malpensa airport, a group of Inter players was accosted by masked fans. Cristiano Zanetti came off worst, as he was struck on the back of the head and sustained bruising in the altercation.

"We cannot accept this kind of behaviour, as violence is beyond the pale," said President Giacinto Facchetti (pictured). "Anyone who calls themselves an Inter fan cannot condone this attack."

As a gesture of solidarity to their 'cousins', Milan asked to start their match with Chievo 10 minutes late in protest at the attack.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Last year Adriano was good. He got in the Brazil them and things were good. Then his performances for Inter got slack. People began to say he only puts the effort in during international duty and he wasn’t doing it with Inter.

Then he "missed" a plane home from international duty. It was said he did this on purpose so he could have a rest he felt he deserved but the club did not.

AFAIK he was fined by the club and dropped (or rested!).

I was in the San Siro to watch Ajax in the CL. He missed a peno and a sitter in the last min. He got some abuse from the crowd.

If Inter lose the derby next week Mancini will be gone replaced by a care taker manager and after the world cup a big name will be announced to spend millions only for Inter to finish 3rd. I'd like to see him stay. He is a very good manager.

On a side note when Lippi signed Keane he thought he was one for the future. When Ireland played Italy not so long ago he said that Inter would have benefited from the way Keane has turned out. Morrati in response said the Keane is the kind of player that would suit Inter but they all ready had 4 world class players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

beyond the pale

Bloody boggers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Jaysus.

If Adriano does want to move I doubt anything will stop Mourinho getting him. He's an longtime and open admirer of the Brazilian.

And if all this about Sheva is true Chelsea might be in for that overhaul at the front all the fans have been dreaming of.

Sheva and Adriano up front ... *Drool*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

dream on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Jaysus.

If Adriano does want to move I doubt anything will stop Mourinho getting him. He's an longtime and open admirer of the Brazilian.

And if all this about Sheva is true Chelsea might be in for that overhaul at the front all the fans have been dreaming of.

Sheva and Adriano up front ... *Drool*

I dont think Inter have any intention to sell him no matter who hates him as long as he is banging in the goals. Hopefully next year he will!

kearnsr wrote:
    I dont think Inter have any intention to sell him no matter who hates him as long as he is banging in the goals. Hopefully next year he will!

they will if they get the right offer.

they will if they get the right offer.

I think his buy out clause is €50 which people say Chelsea offered last year when AC turned down their offer for Sheva but I cant see any one offering that much for him these days

Shevchenko (or any other milan player for that matter) doesn't have a buy out clause!
    Besides, the shevchenko to chelsea story is a load of bull, he's said it himself, he want's to retire a milan player and become a milan legend.

Thought we were talking about Adriano?

i doubt inter give thier players buyout clauses either to be honest.
    as far as i know, no italian clubs do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

No old quotes boys the Inter tifosi are infact calling for a return of Robbie Keane. In fact when he left inter he was one of their favourite players. Things at Inter are most deff not rosey. When they landed from their champions league game against Villareal they were met by 60 or so people at the airport. Quite funny Adriano was followed all the way by an 80 year old woman giving him dogs abuse!

The other night when they got back from their match against Ascoli they were met in the carpark and a few players got a bit of a kicking. The worst of which was Zanetti (christiano that is not javier) who got a bit of a going over. Rumour around the penninsula is that Mancini is out in the summer with Moratti also threatening to go, altough that would be about the 4th time in the past 5 years!

Things at Inter are certainly not good but to be fair Mancini has to take some of that blame. Villareal winning the game and Inter heading out of Europe what do you do? Take off a defender and bring on someone like Recoba? Nope, apparently you take off a midfielder come attacker and bring on the over weight past it Sinisa Mihalovic!!!

Oh and further on, Adriano could well end up at Chelsea but Sheva is not going. We have been through all this, there is no buyout in his contract and he will retire at the Gussippe Meazza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Garret wrote:
    there was a quote in one of the papers today from the inter chairman saying they wanted robbie keane!!!
    This is a quote from a couple of months ago by Inter President, Massimo Moratti:

“I admit, Robbie Keane is a big regret. The other day I was watching him play for Tottenham on the television. He had a perfect game.

“He had a thousand touches and not one mistake. It drives me mad! It was my choice to bring him to Inter, I liked him as a player, but he didn’t shine with us. And now look at him.”

I don't know if he has said anything since but he definitely would like him back.

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote:
    This is a quote from a couple of months ago by Inter President, Massimo Moratti:

“I admit, Robbie Keane is a big regret. The other day I was watching him play for Tottenham on the television. He had a perfect game.

“He had a thousand touches and not one mistake. It drives me mad! It was my choice to bring him to Inter, I liked him as a player, but he didn’t shine with us. And now look at him.”

I don't know if he has said anything since but he definitely would like him back.

Lippi bought him and when he got the boot so did Keane. Lippi said that it was a pity Keane didnt play against Italy recently cause he was a class player.

Moratt also said some thing very similar about Ronaldo too recently.

Here is some comments he made about Adriano

Mind you he also says he has sold his best players in the past.

Looks like things are getting worse.

If he sells the club chances are Inter wont get any one in to bank roll them like he did.

Also the Ultra are not going to the derbyand the manager is leaving at the end of the season (possible to Newcastle!)

Advertisement