Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jegs photos too big to post help...

Options
  • 08-04-2006 8:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am trying to post some pics I took in the SD forum.

The jpegs are over the limit and will not post.

How do I fix this, or what is the best way to post these?

I am not techie at all , so any help or ideas would be great!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You are trying to attach the images?

Well, there's a few options open to you. If you have an image editor such as Photoshop - you can resize the image to a more acceptable size. To do this you would reduce the pixel dimensions and save at a higher compression.

Or you can find somewhere to host your images such as Imageshack which hosts pictures for free. They even resize the image for you. You can then either post the link to the image on the SD forum, or you can post the actual photo using image tags: [noparse]image.jpg[/noparse].

However, it's usually best to post just the links to the images as people using 56k dialup modems have to be considered, and if you have many photos on the thread the time it takes them to load a page is great.

Advertisement