Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire Router Settings

• 08-04-2006 9:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My linksys router went belly up a day or two ago. Just wondering if anyone has the various DNS / Gateway / etc settings for Clearwire. I'd rather get it sorted before Monday.

I have a static IP with them, so I can't just plug in and go :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,635 ✭✭✭✭kippy

1890 882 777 Is their support number - 10 AM to 4 PM on saturday......

Just in case no one can help here, although I am sure they can.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Excellent. Forgot they were open on Saturdays'. Thought I had to wait until Monday.

Cheers Kippy

ok,

Just rang CW. Unless someone here can tell me the settings, I have to wait until the higher level guys in CW show up on Monday :)

Anyone know the DNS and gateway addresses?

And yes, I know I should have made a note of them when I had had them or even better, backed up my router config. Hindsight is a great thing :)

*EDIT* A quick IPCONFIG from the command line from any Clearwire customer will give me what I need. Any Clearwire customers still out there? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,635 ✭✭✭✭kippy

That is fairly poor support. Sorry I cant help more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

They use DHCP, so what's the problem?

• Advertisement

Hmmmm, I'm setup with a "static DHCP address" tied to the MAC of my router. That is the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Would it not be an idea to reinstall the software and reset the router (most of them have a reset button I know the Belkin ones do) Just a thought:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

IrishTLR wrote:
    Hmmmm, I'm setup with a "static DHCP address" tied to the MAC of my router. That is the problem.

Sure, but doesn't that mean that you setup your router to do DHCP and you get the same IP address all the time? Regardless, set it up to do DHCP and you'll get all the details you need and you can then revert back to whatever you had before.

Did you have to pay extra for the static IP? I've been contemplating calling them up to get a static IP but seeing as it took me three days to find somebody who could explain some billing issues, I'm not really looking forward to it. Does having a static IP address limit the ability to roam, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭greys

Hi IrishTLR,

You probably have found them settings by now, but here they are anyway:

Default route: 85.134.128.1
    DNS servers:

pS: Blaster99 has got a point, you can just use DHCP and it will set all your settings to whatever they should be, even if you have the static IP.

Good point. I haven't tried using DHCP yet. Been too busy to even ring CW since Sunday.

I don't think roaming will be a problem as the IP is tied to my router. So once I use the same router [means carrying around two devices, though] it should work.

I'd bring the kit into the office, but I don't think CW have availabiity in Clondalkin. If I can test roaming at some stage, I'll let you know.

• Advertisement

Just my luck. Only getting around to fixing it now. I actually had it set to DHCP but it wasn't pulling down the proper ip addresses. Rang them and, for future reference, it's 85.134.128.1

Everything is fine now. Blaster, I didn't have to pay any extra for getting the static IP address. Well technically they said that they were reserving one of their DHCP addresses for the MAC of my router. So it's a static DCHP assignment.

Advertisement