Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cena it coming

• 08-04-2006 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

after watching this weeks smack down i reckon monday night raw will answer a question for me. my question
    was cena booed last week because
    A) (as JR said) they were in a tradional wrestling town.
    B) there was alot of foreign people in the wm crowd and raw crowd (there was an irish guy in the front and he was a HHH fan) maybe the americans love cena and non-americans dont.
    or C) we had always cena it coming. the way wwe were pushing him down onto us.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CaptainCharisma

Fans that prefer TNA and ROH to WWE will boo Cena, as will hip-hop fans who see him as a faker. Chicago crowds are weird, they're almost as strange as Canadian crowds. I don't think they'll do anything to him. He's still selling boatloads of merchandise, crowds are up and he's great for promotional work. We essentially have three heels in the Backlash main event. I love it when creative says "ah, cheer whoever you want, we don't care".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i was never a cena fan. i never saw anything in him. but if wwe drop him in the background and forget about him i will feel sorry for him. i will be glad he is no longer the number one, but i will be sorry for him cause of the way wwe made him up when the should not have. thats if they drop him, but they cant now. i wonder are they thinking they made a mistake. they will never admit to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

his charachter was good.............initially...then it just became so goddamn BORING!!!!!!!!
    Its entertaing listening to him on the mic but he has no wrestling skills whatsoever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I've said before he's not Kurt Angle. But you look at that Raw roster and the wrestling that has been put out on the show in comparison to Smackdown, their are far far worse than John Cena. Carlito v Kane twice in the last 3 weeks was just awful.

Given good opponents he can have good matches. The Boogeyman has no wrestling skill. Cena is just limited. But he's a heat magnet. I love the atmosphere for his matches.

I'm not a big fan of Cena's at all. But I think the Cena hate is a little over the top sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I'm not a big fan of Cena's at all. But I think the Cena hate is a little over the top sometimes.
    I totally agree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I am 1 of those people who would boo Cena every chance I would get, guy annoys me no end but it is getting quite interesting now. The crown made that match at Wrestlemania 22 with the 2 anti and pro cena chants occuring at same time. He is not funny, can't wrestle, is incredibly annoying but I will watch his matches as they have been entertaining me due crown and also to see him lose the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

I reckon alot of the crowd that were booing Cena at WrestleMania (especially the **** you Cena chantsers) were ROH fans. ROH had three shows on that weekend, thursday friday and saturday and two of them were in Chicago so I think alot of them stayed around for WM. That could explain why Mickey James got such a good reaction, she was Alexis Lauree in ROH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I think as a friend of mine says, wrestlers can often become shadows of themselves. Whether this is creative spinning their wheels or what but a good example is the transition of Ortan from Evolution to where he is now.
    Cena fits this bracket.

Often the more unrealistic the character the more the fans get sick of them easily. Also we have a wrestler on the top for nearly a year that can't really wrestle. His idea of a submission finishing move is something that the old school wrestlers used like one legged boston crabs etc as move fillers. Ppl pick up on that too, especially those who are fimilar with the more technical ROH and TNA. I think that has given rise to the new style, post attitude era, and that is the direction the wrestling is moving in. The momentum that TNA is gathering is because of WWe's movement away from the submission style and the more technical wrestlers. They are more interested in presenting a soap opera with the likes of Cena as the star cast member.

Advertisement