Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVE Online

Options
  • 08-04-2006 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Anyone still playing this?
    Is it worth me starting an account now?
    Is it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I've heard decent things about it - I'm sure there's a trial somewhere, so you can try before subscribing?

I read also, that recently things have heated up quite a bit, as the largest guild has declared war on everyone else! So it might be a good time to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

It is pretty decent, but I really suggest you try the trial* before actually subscribing. Also, there is a pretty big thread about it on the Massively Multiplayer forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=329

* Trial: http://www.eve-online.com/enb/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Band of brothers is ment to be going nuts :eek: rummors of titans being launhed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Get the 14 day eve trial. It's a decent game. I've been hooked since November.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Its a good game =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Crowman

Good enough, i'll give it a go...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

i just started playing it a week ago and i'm hooked already missions are repeating a bit now though but hopefully i'll be on lvl 2 missions soon and my corp is building up so hopefully it will get a bit more exciting

whats are your names in the game, i never see anyone from boards on the irish channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Two interesting stories about Eve:
    The Great Scam
    Guiding Hand Social Club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Thats the biggest load of **** ive ever seen (the first link)

draffodx wrote:
    i just started playing it a week ago and i'm hooked already missions are repeating a bit now though but hopefully i'll be on lvl 2 missions soon and my corp is building up so hopefully it will get a bit more exciting

whats are your names in the game, i never see anyone from boards on the irish channel

Jadiin. Missions are a good way to make money but they ARE repetitive. Train yur connection skills so you can jump to l3 kill mission as fast as possible. Then once you have some money get a decent PvP ship together and go kill other players as that's where the most fun is to be had.

• Advertisement

Jadiin. Missions are a good way to make money but they ARE repetitive. Train yur connection skills so you can jump to l3 kill mission as fast as possible. Then once you have some money get a decent PvP ship together and go kill other players as that's where the most fun is to be had.

also at some starter stations you can find an agent if you give them some tags you'll get more standing towards the faction

Also get into a player corp with access to 0.0 space. Lots of fun and money to be made there. I've switched from l3 kill missions in a ferox to killing high bounty spawns in a cheap and cheerful caracel. Making way more money.

yeah 0.0 ratting is a great little money maker as long as your not like me and choose the wrong alliance i swear to god every time i choose an alliance the space gets contested:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Have a look for Big Blue Space. It's a DMZ, is policed and open to neutrals. The main entry system BWF is full of friendly people. However I got popped yesterday when I went off the beaten track and ran into someone errr.... mean :) Only lost a caracel tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

I beta tested Eve Online and did a couple of trials. I enjoyed it - for a while! Got bored quite quickly, just going from system to system, mining (zzzzz) and basically just getting nowhere fast.

For a multiplayer online game I felt completely alone in the game universe and just felt there was no community there to actively get involved with. Admittedly it was early days when I played it, so it has probably improved a lot in that respect, there's lot more players now for starters.

I never really gave Corporations a try so I would recommend new players look into that early to get involved with other players.

Bottom line - Eve requires a big time commitment to get the most out of it and it is quite complicated so there is a fair bit of a learning curve. There are a lot of hardcore types in the game and it takes a fair while to climb the ladder.

You have been warned :)

Advertisement