Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend Premiership fixtures - ( may contain scores )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Only up :o

West Ham seem to be on top?

Oh chelsea down to 10, straight red?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Come on Hammers

3-1 terry

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Fook
    John Terry goal.
    3-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

West Ham... Suck ass. 3-1 at Upton Park, and now 3-1 down against a team with 10 men they were beating 1-0 earlier on... God I dislike the Hammers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

3-1

thats that, poor from the hammers, i doubt they will come back now. looks like united have to win today for definate, i would have been happy with 2 draws, waiting until next week to close the gap

Bah Hammers have been superb this season. Just using big lads rather than their old tradition of playing ball to stay up.

Theres more goals in this game :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gallas 4-1 And thats that.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

lol. Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Well done chelsea.

Oh yeah, Villa v Brom is 0-0.

Mike.

Liverpool v Bolton 2pm KO.

Liverpool
    J Reina, S Finnan, S Hyypia, J Carragher, J Riise, D Cisse, X Alonso, S Gerrard, H Kewell, R Fowler, P Crouch
    Subs: J Dudek, S Luis Garcia, D Hamann, D Traore, M Sissoko

Bolton
    J Jaaskelainen, N Hunt, B N'Gotty, T Ben Haim, R Gardner, K Nolan, G Speed, A Faye, S Giannakopoulos, K Davies, J Okocha
    Subs: I Walker, I Campo, H Pedersen, M Jansen, J Borgetti

should pan out as simple 4-4-2 for Pool

Reina
    Finnan--Hyypia---Carragher---Riise,
    Cisse---Alonso----Gerrard
    Kewell
    Fowler--Crouch

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

any feeds for the Pool game?

excellent. ty mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Haha, time for the linesman to go back to training. He flagged Fowler offside from a throw-in, crowd went mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just in the door from the Lane this afternoon, delighted with the 3 points, and happy with the overall performance.

Tainio in for Davids made a huge difference in the middle, the lad works his socks off every game I see and deserves a place in the starting XI. The back four worked well together, Stalteri was solid at RB after returning, and YP Lee had a fantastic game at LB. Keane was fantastic throughout.

The one problem I had was with the CMs, Carrick had a poor game (again) and Jenas doesn't have the presence or physicallity to impose himself on a game the way Davids did before Xmas. I'd have gone with Lennon on the left, Jenas on the right and Tainio in the centre with Carrick to snuff out Musampa for Citeh (who had loads of possession and space to work with).

As for the run-ins...if Arsenal lose tomorrow the gap is back to 5 points with only 1 game in hand and the game at Highbury (sandwiched between two CL SF ties) becomes crucial. I agree with WWM about Blackburn's chances, I can't see Blackburn get anything from Chelsea or Liverpool (or for that matter more than a point against Brum) though his sums sound a bit off. Single points for Spurs away to Everton, and at home to Utd with the full 3 at home to Bolton should secure us fifth place.

I still think it will be Arsenal, Spurs, Blackburn in that order.

I don't fancy them to get anything from 'Pool or Chelsea either but the games are at home and you never know. With the form Bellamy is in, he looks like he could score from anywhere.

After reading all of that by the way, I'm just wondering what the point of signing Danny Murphy was?

I'm having to listen to this game (none of those dodgy Chinse links works for me) but it sounds like Bolton are on top and Pools formation is misfiring.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

The Pool Bolton game has just sucked all the life out of me!

Hats off to Chelsea, a lesser team would have caved in. Its excatly what they needed, a win like that will lift their spirits as they have seen out of sorts lately.

Hoping for a cracking game this afternoon, both teams should be going all out for the win.

Ha! Right at the death. Sign that chap now. :)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

mike65 wrote:
    I'm having to listen to this game (none of those dodgy Chinse links works for me) but it sounds like Bolton are on top and Pools formation is misfiring.

Mike.
    Ha, Fowler scored about 3 seconds after you said that. Good analysis :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

God and Crouchie link up, 1-0.

That should seal Fowler his deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It is interesting to hear Jamie Red talk about getting rid of diving but yet sky sports dont bother to show a blatant attempt to win a peno by cheating by Gerrard.
    Prob because he is English

Henry is out today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Henry is out today.
    Well, United fans are always saying he never shows up for the big games... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

gilberto to captain, cisse off and garcia on,
    Garcia is looking somewhat sharp which is always good.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Henry is out today.
    Yeah I just heard that, wtf?

Adebayor isn't listed in the squad on the BBC site either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Well, United fans are always saying he never shows up for the big games...

ROFL

Puts a bit of a dampener on the game, Arsenal will sit back just like the Highbury game.

• Advertisement

Looks like its gonna be 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 with Hleb and Van Persie just behind Adebayor.

Liverpool vs. Bolton has gone to shìte. Neither team seem capable of playing the ball on the ground, and are instead just kicking it up in the air.

Puts a bit of a dampener on the game, Arsenal will sit back just like the Highbury game.

A boring 0-0 draw would suit me fine. I've Senderos and Ferdinand in my fantasy football defence and I've no Sky here to watch the match anyway!

some of liverpools passing moves have been top quality,
    bolton are as usual staggering their opposition.

Is Stelios injured or why was he taken off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

1-0 Bowyer, Get Iiiiiiin!

Lemlin wrote:
    Is Stelios injured or why was he taken off?

think he was just ineffective maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

no wait i think its a boateng own goal! ah well still 1-0 to the toon :D

Fowler off and Hamann on so I guess that means er...Gerrard to get fowards?

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Gerrard to get fowards?

it would be a welcome change from Gerrard doing nothing.

• Advertisement

If you think Liverpool's passing is top-quality, you must be watching a different game to me. Alonso has made one or two good single passes and Harry Kewell is having a good game, but in general its apalling. Liverpool are just lucky that Bolton are having even less success with their passing than them!

Looks like Henry is on the bench for the 4pm game.

mr_angry wrote:
    If you think Liverpool's passing is top-quality, you must be watching a different game to me. Alonso has made one or two good single passes and Harry Kewell is having a good game, but in general its apalling. Liverpool are just lucky that Bolton are having even less success with their passing than them!

dont put words in my mouth,
    if you had been watching the match you would see that SOME of liverpools PASSING MOVES were top quality.

I'll take the 1-0 at this late stage of the season :)

Boro - Newcastle finished 1-2.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i for one am delighted at pools win today
    it really takes boton out of the equation.

i think spurs are pretty much going to get a place in europe, even if it is a uefa cup place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

What an excellent performance by chelsea (reigning champions with no history and run by the russian mafia) today, we should paly with ten men more often. I could imagine Man U fans dancing about when the hammers went 1 up and Maniche got sent off ( need to see a replay of that too, didn't look like much from where i was) , and tbh, I thought "oh ****" not much hope of winning this now since West Ham play like men possessed at the Bridge usually and with no wingers on the field I couldn't see how we were going to cause problems, boy was I wrong ! Great individual performances by Makalele and Geremi in particular. West Ham fans were quite embarassed by such a poor performance too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lemlin wrote:

After reading all of that by the way, I'm just wondering what the point of signing Danny Murphy was?

We got value for money transfers for three squad players who played no part in Jol's plans (Mendes/Davis/Brown) and got in a squad player who Jol rates (Murphy) to cover injuries to Tainio and Davids.

Good business if you ask me.

We got value for money transfers for three squad players who played no part in Jol's plans (Mendes/Davis/Brown) and got in a squad player who Jol rates (Murphy) to cover injuries to Tainio and Davids.

Good business if you ask me.

I'm not doubting that it was good business but I can't see Murphy being happy at sitting on the bench for much longer.

I'd happily see him rot on the reserves bench at Spurs though, it'd serve him right for the poor way he treated Alan Curbishley and Charlton when he left IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

actually, i think curbishley changed his formation after about 10 games into the season, that left murphy on the bench.
    i think he went from a 4-5-1 formation where murphy was a roving midfielder/striker to a 4-4-2 formation where he was on the bench.

im n0ot surprised he left. i dont think he treated charlton badly, or curbishley.

actually, i think curbishley changed his formation after about 10 games into the season, that left murphy on the bench.
    i think he went from a 4-5-1 formation where murphy was a roving midfielder/striker to a 4-4-2 formation where he was on the bench.

im n0ot surprised he left. i dont think he treated charlton badly, or curbishley.

Once more, another great example of your football 'knowledge'. Have a look at:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/gamelog?id=7932&cc=5739

Murphy started practically every game with Charlton up until Christmas. He was then sent off against Arsenal and Curbishley changed the system. Murphy returned and was left on the bench for one or two games.

The last game he started was on January 2nd because he basically had an attitude problem ie. was too big for his own boots. He was refusing to train and stuff like that AFAIK. He knew about Spurs' interest.

If you don't think he treated Curbishley or Charlton unfairly, have a look at the interview Curbishley did after Murphy left. Curbishley didn't seem to happy in that with Murphy or his comments about Charlton after leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lemlin wrote:

The last game he started was on January 2nd because he basically had an attitude problem ie. was too big for his own boots. He was refusing to train and stuff like that AFAIK

Source? Curbs certainly doesn't mention a refusal to train in the interview you mentioned. Murphy made it clear he wanted to move when Spurs came in for him, plain and simple.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=23417
    Lemlin wrote:
    He knew about Spurs' interest.

Spurs came in for him at the end of January, he was being linked with Newcastle for most of the month before that. According to Curbs, that's what unsettled him.
    Curbishley continued: "The transfer was a last minute thing and I still wasn't too sure if it was going to go through after the West Brom game. "Danny became increasingly unsettled over the last month with all the Newcastle stuff, although I kept reassuring him that there was nothing in it.

"But when the Tottenham thing reared up he made it quite clear that he wanted to go there.

Lemlin wrote:
    If you don't think he treated Curbishley or Charlton unfairly, have a look at the interview Curbishley did after Murphy left. Curbishley didn't seem to happy in that with Murphy or his comments about Charlton after leaving.
    "We've read about how much bigger Spurs are than us and what else they've got going for them but our average league position over the past five years is better than theirs.

"So I'm a little bit disappointed with comments like that

Pretty much the same comments made by Murphy when he chose Charlton over Spurs two years previous, I wonder did Curbs have a go at him then? Or is Curbs just doing now what you'd expect him to do, defending his club?

Fact is, Spurs are a bigger side than Charlton. Recent league record aside, we've a bigger fanbase (our season ticket holders would come close to filling the home end at the Valley, and we've another 10.5k home seats at WHL, full every week), more financial clout and more chance of attracting good players. We also don't have to bribe our fans with free travel to Boro for a FA Cup QF replay (12,000 applications for tickets for our tie away to WBA last season speaks volumes for the clubs support)

• Advertisement
Advertisement