Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the new Giant in WWE (Smackdown Spoiler)

• 08-04-2006 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

what the hell? did anyone see Smackdown last night!!? Golly Gosh and Fúck!! that guy who attacked Undertaker is bigger than the big show! craziness..
    he looks way scarier than taker, kane or big show. Anyone know who he is or where he's from? he looks foreign anyway.. interesting to see how his wrestling skills are (not great by the looks of things..)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I believe a guy who was in that supposedly awful movie The Longest Yard recently signed with the WWE. He was gigantic; could be him.

Actually, having seen his pic on WWE.com, it is that guy. No idea of his name or background.

Okay, from checking IMDB.com, his name is Dalip Singh. Here is his wikipedia page. It has already been updated to include his actions on Smackdown. No slouches there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalip_Singh

While I don't watch WWE any more, this guy could be a big (!) hit in the company. I saw him on Coan O'Brien ages ago, and he didn't seen particularly competent with English, so the made the right move in putting a manager with him. His size is not all made up in fat, so he would be better able to move in the ring than the Big Show, and thus maybe he will be able to assist wrestlers in suplexing him. The Big Show could only really have decent WWE matches against Lesnar as he was the only guy who could do moves on him. Hopefully that won't be case with Dalip Singh.

They had better give him a decent name though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Yeah but if he can't wrestle and they have brought him up too soon he's just another Giant Gonzales, Nathan Jones and Matt Morgan who had potential but they just brought him up twice too soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i was impressed by the two new guys on smack down (the guy that beat regal looks good)
    i hate the two new guys on raw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Apparently he can wrestle - hes wrestled in Japan and on the indy scene in the US as the Giant Singh. I've heard he's good for a big guy. He'll probably end up becoming what Big Show had the potential to be if Show wasnt such a lazy ba***rd!

Questionable booking though - they should really build Singh up for a while and put him over as being invincible before putting him in with Taker. If they had done that, this could have been some fued. Maybe WWE can build him up enough before KOTR (where i assume he'll face Taker) but i think they're rushing this match too much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

OMFG he is huge, plus he is built like not a brick sh!t house but rather a Iron sh!t house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Apparently he can wrestle - hes wrestled in Japan and on the indy scene in the US as the Giant Singh. I've heard he's good for a big guy. He'll probably end up becoming what Big Show had the potential to be if Show wasnt such a lazy ba***rd!

Where did you hear that? On PWInsider they've been saying for ages that the guy is absolutely awful. Apparently he injured some guy he was in the ring with really badly.

I've heard he's very clumsy and he looked really awkward in the ring with Undertaker. Did you see how green that chop was he gave to Taker?

My prediction: Giant Flop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MDP

Where did you hear that? On PWInsider they've been saying for ages that the guy is absolutely awful. Apparently he injured some guy he was in the ring with really badly.

Yep, there was another thread here a few months ago with videos
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054871296
    I think the video links dont work now though, but he looked completely dreadful.

And yeah he injured someone pretty badly, although he probably wouldnt have died if they had checked him out properly

While training at the All Pro Wrestling school in May 2001, Singh was linked to the death of 24 year-old wrestling student Brian Ong. According to a January 2004 East Bay Express article, Ong (who had previously suffered a concussion but yet continued training) was powerbombed by Singh. Ong took the bump wrong, landing on his tailbone with his head hitting the mat backwards due to the whiplash effect of the bump. The trainers didn't realize how badly Ong, who told them he was dizzy, was hurt until he got on all fours, vomited, and collapsed. They called 911. Ong passed away while being transported to the hospital via ambulance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Exclamation

He Is The sort Of Legendry Giant

Under The Name Of Giant Singh

I Wonder Wat Name He'll Use For The WWE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

damn.......how big is this guy lol..
    just saw smackdown and I could compare his size to other than andre the giant

fatal wrote:
    damn.......how big is this guy lol..
    just saw smackdown and I could compare his size to other than andre the giant

He's 7 foot 3 whereas The Big Show is actually just 7 foot rather than 7 foot 2 as the WWE sometimes claim. Andre the Giant was 6 foot 10 but I'm pretty sure the tallest guy ever in the WWE was Giant Gonzales who was 7 foot 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I'm pretty sure the tallest guy ever in the WWE was Giant Gonzales who was 7 foot 4.

was he actually that tall?wrestlers are usually told to add a few inches and pounds onto themselves cos they appear taller and heavier on TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Oh Gonzales I think was legitmately that tall. I think they used to say he was even taller but I can't really remeber. What a horrible wrestler he was. Even for a big guy he was just so bad.

Yeah Giant Gonzales was really 7 foot 4 and the WWE used to say he was almost 8 foot high. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I've seen a couple of Dalip's matches and they were awful. I honestly can't remember ever seeing a wrestler as bad as this guy. No exaggeration! He didn't look very comfortable in the ring on SD, and I really hope he doesn't leave me wishing for Mark Henry - because that's what'll happen if he hasn't improved at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

omg, that guy is absolutely huge

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DC

I really hope he doesn't leave me wishing for Mark Henry

It'll probably save Mark Henry's WWE career :D
    Taker, outgunned by new giant enlists Henry for help.....

As for his wrestling ability, this is the WWE! When did wrestling ability ever get in the way? They'll hopefully build a good story line around him. Can you imagine Kurt Angle trying to figure him out? Even in the middle of the ring, he could nearly always reach the ropes.

His finishing moves listed on Wikipedia are standard fare for a big guy. Big power bomb, big choke slam and big boot.

DC wrote:
    As for his wrestling ability, this is the WWE! When did wrestling ability ever get in the way?

The thing with this guy is that when I saw him, he was totally uncomfortable in the ring. Even crap wrestlers in WWE have tended to look ok to some degree in the ring, even if they couldn't put together a decent match. This Dalip guy was truly ****in awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Are Kane, the Big Show and the Undertaker not enough? They really dont need another big guy, and no one wants to see some boring feud between this guy and the Taker. When will their booking staff realise we want to see wrestling, not huge guys who cant do anything!!

• Advertisement

Not for a while anyway. Looks like they've resigned Test, and they've been looking at Sean O'Haire and Mark Jindrak. None especially talented, but all big

At least them guys can do something in the ring, Im looking forward to o'Haire coming back, him and Chucky P made a good team.
    This new giant will add nothing to the product. Same as Jamal/Umaga on Raw. Did anyone see him squash Colt Cabana on Raw?

Awh, no way. I haven't seen Raw yet. Cabana could do great in WWE if they ever signed him

I'd agree about O'Haire, decent wrestler, but he was wasted last time he was in WWE

They should really just set up a Superheavyweight Division instead of the non-existant Cruiserweight Division, every time a SHW match comes on, we'd know when to take a food and piss break

Cabana was introduced by Ace Steels real name, and Steel did the same on Heat recently using Cabanas real name. Maybe the Second City Saints are taking over WWE! Or just in to free Punk.
    I can see Cabana doing well in WWE, Hes big enough, a great wrestler and hilarious on the mic.
    Im not so gone about the SHW division. What if it comes on and your just back from a piss break, youll have to watch it, and that would be no good.

Advertisement