Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Proxy Servers???

• 08-04-2006 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

I was wondering do NTL have any proxy servers? The reason i'm asking is that when i try to Stream live Baseball games from MLB.TV i get lots of disconnects and the stream is unwatchable. Using my Metro connection i have no problems at all. NTL is the problem. Is there a proxy i could try that might help?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

which works the best? Belfast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

I tried different proxys but i'm still getting the streams buffering all the time. I'm puzzled because MLB.TV streams work perfectly on my Metro connection.I can't get rid of Metro until i get this sorted. Any of you experts out there have any idea why this is happening with NTL and not Metro.

I solved the problem by unchecking the Multicast,UDP and TCP boxes in the Network settings of Windows Media Player. So if any of you NTL users are having problems with your streams that would be the first thing to check.

Advertisement