Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abercrombie

• 08-04-2006 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

I really like some of the clothes on the Abercrombie website,however I'v heard that shipping them can cost over $50,is there any other way I can get my hands on them,btw I don't have any friends going to amreica soon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

A few of my friends have gotten stuff off ebay. If you want to wait a year or two when they'll be opening up a shop here. Isn't Abercrombie kind of dead though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Gick

I didn't think so,what makes you say that,I'd like some American Eagle clothes too,if anyone knows how

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

Gick wrote:
    I didn't think so,what makes you say that,I'd like some American Eagle clothes too,if anyone knows how

Think you can get American Eagle shipped from Canada for cheap enough. As for A&F being dead, if a person likes clothes, buy/wear them. Guys who worry about something being "so last year" should try a bit harder to get a life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Ordering from American Eagle is a lot cheaper than A&F because I'm pretty sure A&F use FedEx to send the clothing so you get lumped with two bills. American Eagle don't, but their stuff will take longer to arrive as a result. Depends how much moolah you have and how urgently you need clothes (you're wearing clothes now yeah?)

I'd recommend using eBay for A&F clothing, the selection there is huge and they have far more sizes than the A&F website too (sometimes I get the impression they're using the website to get rid of stuff that isn't selling well in stores o.O). Plus you don't get stuck with the FedEx bill.
    Isn't Abercrombie kind of dead though?

First I've heard anyone say that, and it's on an online message boards too, so we should definitely take it to heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

when you see 75% of the people who walk down grafton street with some sort of AC&F or American Eagle slapped across their hoodie i doubt it's dying out.

i'd say they will die out if or when the stuff becomes mass available in ireland and all the scumbags can buy it then.

some of american eagle's jeans and polo's (mainly the plain kind) is actually quite nice and nicely priced at that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Much prefered AE to A&F when in America. A&F is way overpriced even in American and the logos all over most of the clothes is horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

gilroyb wrote:
    Think you can get American Eagle shipped from Canada for cheap enough. As for A&F being dead, if a person likes clothes, buy/wear them. Guys who worry about something being "so last year" should try a bit harder to get a life

Oh you got me there :rolleyes:
    Umaro wrote:
    'd recommend using eBay for A&F clothing, the selection there is huge and they have far more sizes than the A&F website too (sometimes I get the impression they're using the website to get rid of stuff that isn't selling well in stores o.O). Plus you don't get stuck with the FedEx bill.

is this ebay.com or ebay.co.uk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I like both, simply cos they're quite good quality and really comfy. I don't care too much what other people think about it. But mostly I get people to buy me stuff in their sales, and bring it home the next time they're coming back to Ireland. Ebay.com can also be good for AE, j crew, etc and the currency conversions nice ;)

i use ebay.ie and sometimes ebay.com.

ebay.com has a larger selection but they don't always deliver here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

isn't ebay.ie the same as the .com except the search defaults to search europe and converts the prices to euros?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The A&F t-shirts and hoodies with their logo blasted all across them look horrible but they've some nice shirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

I wudnt bother with abercombie anymore. Theyre a dead brand now plus none of their new stock is any good.

If you really want that sort of clothes steer towards american eagle or a newer brand now called hollister which is huge over in america at the moment. Unfotunately though theyre all the same as far as i know and you can only get them in america or on ebay or places like that.

And to answer your original question yes the shipping does cost a lot and plus u almost always get stuck with duty when it goes through customs as well wich adds another good few quid onto watever ur getting

hollister are owned by abercrombie

*rolls eyes*

hollister is aimed at teens 14-18 and abercrombie is aimed at 18-28 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rala_

when you see 75% of the people who walk down grafton street with some sort of AC&F or American Eagle slapped across their hoodie i doubt it's dying out.

i'd say they will die out if or when the stuff becomes mass available in ireland and all the scumbags can buy it then.

some of american eagle's jeans and polo's (mainly the plain kind) is actually quite nice and nicely priced at that too.
    Accurate

Advertisement