Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vroom Vroom New Motoring Prog on SKY ONE

Options
  • 08-04-2006 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Vroom Vroom is the less than groovy title of Sky Ones new motoring programme which stars on Tuesday 11th April, its hosted by a gaggle of b listers including Jon Desborough (Sky Sport) and Lisa Rodgers as resident eye candy.

I fear a pale copy of TG but we should proberly give a quick spin.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

ah yea I saw an advert for that a fewmins ago. I'll be checking it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah i seen the advert for it.i cannot wait to see it but it looks like there going to show old cars.i wonot like that bit:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well its crap so far....

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Desperate!

Hmm dropping the car reminds me of the Top Gear Toyota pickup truck, they must have seen that episode as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

It's trying to be Top Gear, but failing in every aspect.

I only got the end of them dropping a Volvo from 130 feet from a crane. What were they trying to prove?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Damn I missed it! Even though you say it was crap woulda liked to have seen it.
    Anybody else watch the show MPH on TG4...its actually pretty decent...Thursdays at 8pm I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

The la-de-da "lady" in the furry mouse car nearly lost her hand when the car rolled over ! She instinctively put her hand on the A-pillar when it rolled over on that side. VERY close to having it taken off.

And yer one who was putting on her makeup in the Lexus tank - ohhh yeeaaaah. Obviously a bit of chill in the air that day ;)

Damn a bit of nipple action and I missed it! Is that what we're reduced to? :D

Mike.

did not like it at all so wonot be watching it again.top gear is way better;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

drdre wrote:
    did not like it at all so wonot be watching it again.top gear is way better;)

Roll on May!

• Advertisement

Roll on May!

:D ,cannot wait.but i have exams in may:mad: .so i do and donot like the word MAY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

damn i missed it, completely forgot about it but looking at the comments i didnt miss much!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ando wrote:
    damn i missed it, completely forgot about it but looking at the comments i didnt miss much!

Knowing Sky they will repeat it over and over again at some stage.

ando wrote:

Yeah, it was shyte (apart from those two little things (and how pert they were)).

They were dropping a Volvo 750 estate from a crane to see at what point the car would stop working. 15ft drop, the door frames collapsed, radiator cracked, but was still able to get in, start, and drive away. 30ft drop, car was knackered and wouldn't start, so then they did a 45ft drop - car just collapsed in on itself like a crumpled can.

Tabloid TV.

Still, I couldn't believe how close that girl came to losing her hand - the car had been stripped of glass, etc, and set up with a roll cage - it was a small car, a VW Polo or something, and no netting over the windows to keep the driver in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

franksm wrote:
    Tabloid TV.

Sums it up alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

There isn't any decent motoring programme on TV anymore. Top Gear is about the best but I prefered it when it was aired on Thursdays and included Quentin Wilson , Clarkson and Co. In the current show Clarkson has too much to say and in general there's too much sh1te talk.

Deal's On Wheels isn't too bad but all I see of that lately is repeats , there was another one on CH4 back a few years that was watchable .

Driven with Penny Malory and Mike Brewer?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

"5th Gear" wasn't too bad either.

Was "Deals on Wheels" the one where they had people selling their cars privately, and they helped them out?

There was another similar one, I think with the same presenter, where they would buy an old car in disrepair and see how much profit they could make by doing it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

eoin_s wrote:

Was "Deals on Wheels" the one where they had people selling their cars privately, and they helped them out?

There was another similar one, I think with the same presenter, where they would buy an old car in disrepair and see how much profit they could make by doing it up.
    Wheeler dealer, still some repeats on men and motors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

eoin_s wrote:

A new series of 5th gear has just started on five - Monday nights at 8pm

Yes it was Deals on Wheels

You're thinking of Wheeler Dealers with Mike and Ed

The three of those are always being repeated on Discovery Real Time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

There was a good car show on UTV with Mike Brewer about 2 years ago where he started with 50 or 100 pounds and bought a car mainly at auction, did any small fixes needed and sold it on, then with the profits (he hoped!) go buy another in the next programme, I saw 3 or 4 programmes and he was up to the B5 Audi A4, (black I think) but missed the rest of the programmes, anyone else see this, and is it repeated anywhere? Would like to see what he ended up with in the end!

I remember that vaguely, it was a good challange but I don't know if he ever bough a Ferrari at the end!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

didnt like it one bit....................... i dont think i need to explain why!!:mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It was like Top Gear, only without the comedy.
    franksm wrote:
    Tabloid TV.

That sums it up completely. I was listening for one line about that Lexus hybrid - "Terrible fuel economy" - and it never came. Surely for a car that claims to be environmentally friendly that should be the first line.

I had a big argument with a friend over Top Gear the other day. Basically my argument was if I want to know what a Lexus hybrid is like, I'll go down to the dealer and get a test drive. If I want to see Lamborginis and Ferraris (and I do), I'll watch JC do it because I likely never will myself. If I'm watching telly it's for entertainment value - not to see some barge wallow around the track with some bird in the passenger seat. Come to think of it, the shots of the models in the passenger seat were the best part of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

For some reason Brendan Coogan boils my p!ss. Riding on the name of his brother (but unfortunately for Brendan, Steve got the comedy genes), and as I remember he started out doing the motoring section of Northwest Tonight or something when I was still living in Manchester.

Didn't see it all, but what I saw was sh!te.

I should probably post this anonymously, but I watched the repeat of VroomVroom over on Sky-2 :eek:

I present you the lady who helped test the Lexus barge, and doesn't the poor thing look cold.

DSC03917a.JPG

And here's the other girl as she flips the car in the car park - that A-pillar is scrubbing along tarmac:

DSC03910.JPG

DSC03911.JPG

Yeah, it was still shyte second time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

hope you didn't go to the trouble of taking those photo's:)

if you did, you need to get out more!!!!!!!!;)

Nah - a capture.

Anyway, be grateful, you don't need to watch the whole programme now, those three slides show anything that was interesting :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Anyone who compares a Lambo Murcielago to a Noble M12 needs a smack in the face, and to see how good some chick can put make-up on while driving over a rockey surface is a pretty rubbish way to test a cars suspension.

Advertisement