Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Blue halogen Bulbs

Options
  • 08-04-2006 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where i could get a pair of Xenon/HID like halogen H1 bulbs that give off a decent blue hue that you can actually notice.

I had a great set on my old car , but it got nicked and now im looking to upgrade my new one and cant find that brand anywhere , so does anybody know where i could get some and what brand are best??

i tried the ultra blue ones in halfords for 17E for 1 and they were just as yellow as my normal ones - scammers. and i tried ebay and got a set but not bluey enough

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

C_Breeze wrote:
    Anybody know where i could get a pair of Xenon/HID like halogen H1 bulbs that give off a decent blue hue that you can actually notice.

I had a great set on my old car , but it got nicked and now im looking to upgrade my new one and cant find that brand anywhere , so does anybody know where i could get some and what brand are best??

i tried the ultra blue ones in halfords for 17E for 1 and they were just as yellow as my normal ones - scammers. and i tried ebay and got a set but not bluey enough

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

bazz26 wrote:
    that website looks good but do you not think the prices are high?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

drdre wrote:
    that website looks good but do you not think the prices are high?

Yes they are not cheap but considering the OP went to Halfrauds and bought one bulb for €17 and it turned out to be no better than what was already in the car then they may not be overly expensive. Of course on the website you have to take into account the euro - sterling exchange rate and postage costs.

I think you get a second set of bulbs free on that site depending on what you buy. I have never bought anything from them though. I just checked and priced a set of Powerbulb Powerblue H7 for €39.53 ex shipping. That includes a second set of the same type for free.

P.S. Ah just noticed that there is free shipping on all orders so €40 for 2 sets of bulbs ain't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

bazz26 wrote:
    Yes they are not cheap but considering the OP went to Halfrauds and bought one bulb for €17 and it turned out to be no better than what was already in the car then they may not be overly expensive. Of course on the website you have to take into account the euro - sterling exchange rate and postage costs.

I think you get a second set of bulbs free on that site depending on what you buy. I have never bought anything from them though. I just checked and priced a set of Powerbulb Powerblue H7 for €39.53 ex shipping. That includes a second set of the same type for free.

P.S. Ah just noticed that there is free shipping on all orders so €40 for 2 sets of bulbs ain't too bad.

yes you are right. i just checked it now carefully and it alright prices.im also looking to get blue lights as i have white one sbut looks kinda the same as the original ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

thanks for that link bazz, seems like a good site.

thing is ive went and bought loads of different brands that had the "50% extra xenon hid blue effect blah blah blah" advertised on them and they turned out to be crap , so after numerous cuts and scrapes on my hand trying to fit these bulbs after buying them specially for thr 'blue look' and to find out they make no difference or miminal difference whatsoever i got a bit pi$$ed off.

Oasram cool blue - $hite
    Philips blue vision- $hite
    Anythin in Halfords-$hite

I had a set of 'eaglelites' brand which i got in germany and they were cool but cant seem to find any.

I saw an old celica , civic and astra that had bulbs with the desired effect i was after ...maybe i should follow them and ask them at their next stop - probably goin a bit too far tho :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Available in: H1, H3, H4, H7, 9005, 9006 - in stock and ready to ship

whats this mean ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

fitment sizes .

Advertisement