Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

King of the Ring brackets

• 08-04-2006 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Right, brackets are up. Let the predictions commence. Anyone could really go on and win really.

Angle Vs Orton

Hardy Vs Booker

Benoit Vs Finlay

Lashley Vs Henry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Angle Vs Orton - Winner: Kurt Angle

Hardy Vs Booker - Winner: Booker T

Benoit Vs Finlay - Winner: Finlay

Lashley Vs Henry - Winner: Lashley

Angle vs Booker T - Winner: Booker T

Finlay vs Lashley - Winner: Lashley

Booker T vs Lashley - Winner: Booker T

King of the Ring 2006: Booker T

Now can you dig that, SUCKKKAAAAAAA?!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

My money's on Lashley. Seeing as he didn't win the MITB match at WM this is the next best thing.

Booker will go out thanks to worms and smoke courtesy of Boogeyman.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hardy Vs Booker - Winner: Booker T

Benoit Vs Finlay - Winner: Benoit

Angle vs Booker T - Winner: Booker T

Benoit vs Lashley - Winner: Lashley

Booker T vs Lashley - Winner: Lashley

King of the Ring 2006: Lashley

Makes sense to me. Looks like only the final will be on ppv. Ah well. If they were going to do it on tv like this, another round might've been a good idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Hardy Vs Booker - Winner: Matt Hardy

Angle vs Hardy - Winner: Angle

Angle vs Lashley - Winner: Angle
    I think its just a little too soon for Lashley.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Hardy Vs Booker - Winner: Matt Hardy

Angle vs Hardy - Winner: Hardy

Angle vs Lashley - Winner: Lashley

Angle's already won it, it would be pointless to have him win it again. Id say there'll be some sort of interference in his semi final match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Angle Vs Orton - Winner: Kurt Angle cause orton is suspended

Hardy Vs Booker - Winner: Matt Hardy because of booeyman

Benoit Vs Finlay - Winner: Finlay because of JBL

Angle vs Finlay - Winner: Finlay

Hardy vs Lashley - Winner: Lashley

If it's not lashey, who gets the KOTR, it would probably be Henry imo. but my money would still be on Lashey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

my money is on lashley for this one. king of the ring is the kind of thing a newcomer should get a chance in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Hardy Vs Booker - Winner: Booker

Angle vs Booker - Winner: Booker

Finlay vs Lashley - Winner: Finlay

Booker vs Finlay - Winner: Finlay

I would prefer Finlay vs Angle in the final but that doesnt seem likely. I cant wait to see that match between Finlay and Benoit, when's it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I hope Booker T wins and mabye then they'll give him a run at the World Title he deserves it alot more then some of the other ppl that there pushing, Lashleys still a bit new, look at Brock Lesner.

Just realised today that there's no actual KOTR ppv. They're just goin to have all the matches on SD apparently. The next SD ppv is Judgment Day in 5 weeks time, so they mightn't even have the final of KOTR on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea I only spotted there was no ppv there http://sports.ign.com/articles/701/701768p1.html

pity. I liked the way they used to have a few matches in the one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Thats terrible. King of the Ring was one of my favourite ppv's and now its just a smackdown filler thing? Shoddy! I'm thinking a Booker/Lashley final after that moment the other night and im hoping Booker wins out of the two.

If they make the winner the no 1 contender, I could see Booker winning it. Otherwise I don't, I'd say it'll be a face

Booker beat Hardy to progress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I didn't realise the winner becomes No.1 contender and gets a shot at the title. so i gonna change my pick to Angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

yeah, i reckon booker T will win it.

This is being said if the winner gets a title shot. If Booker wins I see him having a good feud with Rey. I mean a lot of people of choosing Lashley but both Rey and Lashley aint spectacular on the mic. Booker would have skits with Rey.

Yeah but whoever wins will get the shot, 2 Smackdown pay per views from now. Rey particuliarly with his bad knee might n't even have the belt by then so its hard to guess what way they could go. One thing is for sure, there seriously short of top top bad guys. The list is: JBL, Mark Henry, Giant Khali and Finlay.

it is true what you say vince, smack down needs a few top bad guys. kurt angle plays the bad ass good. it needs a bad ass gm, mr long could never play the bad dude, bring him over to raw and bring eric back to gm smack down.

^Whats your fascination with Bischoff? :)

• Advertisement

eric was a great gm, i was sorry to see him go.
    why did eric go? was it
    a) his contract was up and he got fed up.
    b) vince got fed up with him
    c) other reason

Im not really sure. The kayfabe reason was that he couldnt get the title off Cena but I dont know what the real reason was. He is still employed by WWE but is taking time to write a book about WCW

Bischoff played his role as GM really well but he was wasted in that position. Here was the guy who ran WCW, who fought Vince McMahon all the way. He was Eric Bischoff. A name which meant so much in the wrestling war in the mid to late 1990s.

But whats the first thing they make him do on Raw? Hug Vince McMahon. It was done for shock value. But why do somthing for shock value when you could have had this great feud between Vince and his greatest adversary Bischoff? The storyline because it had such a real root and feeling to it would have been easy to write. It could have made alot of money particuliarly if they brought him in at the start of the invasion.

While I agree that Bischoff was under used, I dont think he would have worked as part of the invasion because Heyman was part of it and he has genuine hate for Bischoff. They really should have done more when Heyman was GM on SD and Bischoff was GM on Raw. They could have built on their rivalry and include McMahon in rhe story lines too, the three men who defined Pro Wrestling in the 90's head to head to head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think my tip, Booker T, is looking good. The WWE needs a top heel and Booker has the ability, charisma and reputation to be that guy.

I think Matt Hardy could well be turned heel soon too. He has completely ran out of momentum. If he knew where he would be now, this time last year id say he would have stayed on the indy circut. The writers dropped the ball BIG TIME with him. This time last year he was the most talked about guy in the business and now people could care less. I think he would make a good heel on SD.

castagnoli wrote:
    While I agree that Bischoff was under used, I dont think he would have worked as part of the invasion because Heyman was part of it and he has genuine hate for Bischoff.

Ahh but hate does n't come into anything especially wrestling when theirs money to be made. Vince McMahon is the best example of it. If you can make money for him, your hired. No matter who you are. He's a very forgiving man if you can add value to his company.

But whatever, I just think they fumbled the ball with Eric (like he did with Matt). He did well in the GM role but he could have been so much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

hmmmm lashley is the guy to win...:D :D what ever happened to that fued with finley???? i wanna see more of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

hmmmm lashley is the guy to win...:D :D what ever happened to that fued with finley???? i wanna see more of that

They'll meet in the second round anyway ... don't think this feud is over just yet. I expect Finlay to interfere in the final and Booker to win!

• Advertisement
Advertisement