Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Central locking

Options
  • 08-04-2006 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

central locking keeps keeps opening and shuting while driving 98 micra, would cost around 400E I was told to get it fixed to much for car of that value, can live with no problem 2nd car, just wondering is there a way to override the locking system and use just the key instead, also up for nct this year would this cause it to fail other wise car is great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

You got a 98 Micra for 400euros? Thats a cheap car. Disconnect the central locking motor on the drivers door, that should sort your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

It is highly likely poor connections or cracked wires between the door and car pillar are the problem. But if you are in no mood for fiddling, then remove the relays or fuses for the door motors from the relay panel, wherever that is... then you'll have to lock each door manually, just like your Morris Minor of yore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

So if I wanted to try this where do I start do I take of panel in the door to see if there are any loose wire, the repair I was told would cost 400E to fix
    AMurphy wrote:
    It is highly likely poor connections or cracked wires between the door and car pillar are the problem. But if you are in no mood for fiddling, then remove the relays or fuses for the door motors from the relay panel, wherever that is... then you'll have to lock each door manually, just like your Morris Minor of yore.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

AMurphy wrote:
    If it's a 3 door or you mostly drive on your own then that the solution. Had a Tipo that this happened to, no complaints from the NTC too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

thanks all done found this You can disconnect the central locking. Stick your head under the drivers steering wheel and youll see a black box. You will see 2 white connectors going into it (one slighltly wider than the other) Now as if you was sitting in the car lookin forwards, pull out the connector on the left (might take a bit of effort) and thats it. That your CL disabled till you sort it out.
    can you download manual on web for 1998 micra as I have no maual thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Unless there is a Micra forum somewhere where you could get a manual or dsimply that part of the wiring diagram, or a friendly dealer that will copy some pages for you, your next best option is a Haynes manual, though their wiring diagram quality is anywhere between complete and a useless "suggestion". Don't expect too much.

Another simple experiment is; disconnect the switch or switches, but leave the rest of the system intact. If the problem goes away, re-connect each switch one at a time and see if the problem return when one specific switch is replaced. broken switch contacts is a possibility, just like broken/cracked wires.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

the central locking singnal control module is behind the glove box disconect this and bobs your uncle dont try to take out a fuse or relay to stop this problem as this fuse is conected to the idle speed control.

Advertisement