Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enamel damage?

Options
  • 08-04-2006 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey all, don't wanna be steppin on anyones toes but couldn't find anything in the charter or search so bear with me. Been thinking about gettin a lip piercing, like bang centre in the middle as opposed to the side, the only thing is I'm extremely sensitive about my teeth. My lip is kinda big, not massive but there isnt much contact between it and my teeth, so if I were to get a tight one, would I be alright? I mean I guess there would be some damage like all oral piercings but would it take longer for it to affect me? And when ye say enamel damage, how much are we talking? Enough to make your teeth more sensitive or enough to actually make you lose one? As I said I'm awfully conscious of my teeth but I'd absolutely love a lip piercing, am I wasting my time? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I had my labret pierced for 2years, enamel damage for me personally was non existent however gum erosion was. Thats why i retired the piercing, my gums were receeding.
    It all depends on how your body reacts to it. If you get a "tight" one, i presume you mean the length of the actual bar, it may cause your lip to grow over the flat piece of the bar.
    Best suggestion would be to go talk to a reputable piercer about your worries. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Twin Lance

what happens with gum erosion? Like make them recede yeah? By tight I mean I dont want a piercing thats actually leaving contact with my lip, like the guy in the video for Skater Boi by Avril Lavigne (sorry to make this comparison lol), the guy at the end with the video camera, his lip piercing actually hugs the lip and doesnt leave contact with it at all. Thanks anyway dude, appreciate the help

Advertisement