Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who've been banned.

Options
  • 08-04-2006 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Just out of curiousity I've been flicking through the forum's and came across one called prison in the system category. Basically what this is is the list of people who'be been banned from boards.ie. Aside from the obvious spammers etc there seems to be a lot of other people who've been banned for trivial reasons..eg Silly sausage. Now I'm not sure what exact post she posted but I think it could be this one..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054901991

now I could be wrong (if I am mods please indicate so) but from what I saw it didn't seem that big a deal..even several mods replied on this thread without any recriminations..
    But there's alot of other people who had posted hundreds of posts and been banned from just one post..
    Could the mods not look at a person's overall postings thus indicating whether it was a once off mistake or a catalogue of them..
    Fair enough if the person is constantly doing it then they should be rightly banned but for someone who's been posting pretty well then maybe a warning on future behaviour and maybe a month whereby their posts are checked to ensure that it was indeed a once off..
    After all if the above keeps happening eventually there will be no one left here to post and that's not what boards.ie is all about, is it?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

SS got banned for a different reason.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Jean Luc wrote:
    now I could be wrong
    You are.

Edit: Damn it Sparky!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Ah now shane if you wanted to talk about your ban you could have posted in prison. But you just had to try an illusion....

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

There's good reason for sillysausage being banned, and theres also the multiple accounts.

What people have been banned from just one post that have posted hundreds of posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Actually gordon airblazer aka the person who started this thread....well his was more a string of stupidity....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Gordon wrote:
    There's good reason for sillysausage being banned, and theres also the multiple accounts.

What people have been banned from just one post that have posted hundreds of posts?
    Well it's a bit hard for him to answer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Ah, but where did the lighter fluid come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Thank god he's gone! Bravo to the banner on this one... If everyone had to question authority like him we'd be overwhelmed with that crap! Its really not that hard to not get banned, so someone who does more than likely deserved it! Though I dont know how the system works but i personally would say a second opinion system would be nice, i.e. if a mod is considering banning someone, they notify another mod for backup, in case the original mod just happens to be in a bad mood at the time if you get me? :D

But thats just a suggestion, not incredibly necessary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

SillySausage was banned? Jays, how the mighty fall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JeanLuc

Thank god he's gone! Bravo to the banner on this one... If everyone had to question authority like him we'd be overwhelmed with that crap! Its really not that hard to not get banned, so someone who does more than likely deserved it! Though I dont know how the system works but i personally would say a second opinion system would be nice, i.e. if a mod is considering banning someone, they notify another mod for backup, in case the original mod just happens to be in a bad mood at the time if you get me? :D

But thats just a suggestion, not incredibly necessary!

oh my god..I don't even know this guy but this is the most blatant sucking up I've ever seen from anybody..it's puking actually..

anyhow apologies to the mods for yet another duplicate account but i had to go back on the idiot's post (not sure even he understand's it) but I'm sure Asok will be happy...I'm helping him get to the top of the banners which is his aim (on profile):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

You banned silly sausage....oh man, she was pretty fit! Now we're less one more girl on the interweb...be careful lads...there's not that many!! Who will we drool on then? WHO I SAY! WHO?

What was she banned for? "nasty, nasty, nasty ass" haha, sounds intersting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Jim10000

what did sillysausage do?
    was she like, really silly?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

she failed the amp test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

come on somebody fess up - we're all dying to know here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Jim10000 wrote:
    what did sillysausage do?
    was she like, really silly?

Was just about to ask the same thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Does anyone really care? She was a self obsessed duplicate account holder as far as I was concerned. I'm just surprised she got away with it so long...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Eh she showed nipple ! Did you guys not see hence her banning !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jimmidy_cricket

Sparky-s wrote:
    SS got banned for a different reason.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php

Had a look at that link, it doesn't say why silly sausage was banned though.

Whats a spamer and a trader? and is pimping advertising your own website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

Does anyone really care? She was a self obsessed duplicate account holder as far as I was concerned. I'm just surprised she got away with it so long...

Well yes that's why they're asking why she got banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Yeah just interested to see why she got banned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭WICKL0W

BrynW wrote:
    Yeah just interested to see why she got banned

I think looking at her previous posts she posted a photo of a stranger wearing too little clothes ? Photo seems to be now gone ?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Surely there must be at least on banned person who is a Lex Luther type persona and can figure out to delete cookies and use a different ip address. do you need a low IQ to get banned ....?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

She got banned because an Smods finger slipped. Twelve times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

That's six clicks for each persona, now that they've streamlined the process ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I got banned once cause somone (Reddy) posted gaycore all over after hourse using my nick. That was a fun day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Oh I see we've lost KrankStricher?

(FTL, No-one cares)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I've been perm banned. hardcore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Wertz wrote:
    Oh I see we've lost KrankStricher?

(FTL, No-one cares)

I just saw that meself, what'd he do? I was getting used to those FTL tags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Well, I've been banned eh erm...... :o

Let just forget I said that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I was once too back in the day, though thankfully it was only from After Hours and just two weeks! Beruthiel is a tough nut!

Advertisement