Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who've been banned.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

RuggieBear wrote:
    she failed the amp test.
    Kinky. She fail the 1st part, or the 2nd part, or the "run around the outside of the house wearing only a blindfold" part?

=-=

Oh, and wot forum did ecksor do most of his ban's on?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Spike wrote:
    I just saw that meself, what'd he do? I was getting used to those FTL tags.

Sending threatening PM's to various people AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

JeanLuc wrote:
    oh my god..I don't even know this guy but this is the most blatant sucking up I've ever seen from anybody..it's puking actually..

anyhow apologies to the mods for yet another duplicate account but i had to go back on the idiot's post (not sure even he understand's it) but I'm sure Asok will be happy...I'm helping him get to the top of the banners which is his aim (on profile):D

I rest my case :rolleyes:

Its people like you, who can't stand the "rejection" of being banned in the first place and have to create a duplicate account just to make a stupid point to people who don't even care, that should be shot!

fade_to_grey: 1287
    jean luc: 20

I win.

Maybe I am sucking up, but does it say BANNED under my name? Didn't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Spike wrote:
    I just saw that meself, what'd he do? I was getting used to those FTL tags.

Indeed, in the manner in which one gets used to terminal illness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AirblazerII

I rest my case :rolleyes:

Its people like you, who can't stand the "rejection" of being banned in the first place and have to create a duplicate account just to make a stupid point to people who don't even care, that should be shot!

fade_to_grey: 1287
    jean luc: 20

I win.

Maybe I am sucking up, but does it say BANNED under my name? Didn't think so.

actually it's airblazer (400+, i think)..couldn't care less bout post count unlike some people ..eg. I normally only post to help pppl out with pc issues..take a look at computers/tech( Airblazer posts) and see what I mean..///reason i've created several accounts is to address my first post above..I couldn't give a rat's ass about post stats etc.. but and here is my question..if you go through my first account (Airblazer- mods only) and look at my overall posts..about 99% of my posts were to help people with pc issues.. What I was saying was in my duplicate a/c (Jean Luc/Shane_Schofield/JeanLuc2) was for mods to not immediately ban someone but to give it a few weeks or so before addressing the issue.
    I've no problem with being banned by Lemming as I didn't properly read the forum rules and paid the price by being banned..of course instead of reading boards.ie rules on double accounts which i was not aware off i immediately created a 2nd a/c thinking i was being smart and piad the price..fair enough..I was an idiot and deserved the ban

What I'm saying is to look at people's overall record of posts and consider it against their total..eg..look at airblazer's (mine) in computers/tech and consider my posts in overall comparison against my abusive ones( maybe 3 in all-hopefully)..
    Sillysausage's had over 800+ posts and paid the price for 1 post..
    Havok was something similiar...
    so before the mods dismiss as someone trying to renable their account I'm not..I'm simply trying to help people out with their pc issues.
    Plus I've also seen ffrom Havok's and Sillysausage's is that they've posted 100's of messages and maybe made a mistake in one of them.
    At the end of the day we are all human and all of us make mistakes...
    I'm sure that DeVore when setting up boards.ie thoght of it as somewhere where everyone in Ireland could meet and discuss all of our issues..at least that's what I gather from his thoughts and dreams on boards.ie

At the end of the day it doesn't matter to me whether I'm barred or not but I think that DeVore or DeCloud?) (sorry but I'm not sure of any other similiar level mods) should be consulted and review before isssuing a site wide ban.
    I enjoy helping people out with thier pc probs...fair enough i can come across on some threads as being sarcastic but it's unintentional...i shoot first.and ask questions later

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sillysausage's had over 800+ posts and paid the price for 1 post..
    not true.
    Havok was something similiar...
    Also, not true.

The cases are nothing alike and HaVoK did not get a permanent ban.

DeCloud?
    Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AirblazerII

Sillysausage's had over 800+ posts and paid the price for 1 post..[/ot true.

Also, not true.

The cases are nothing alike and HaVoK did not get a permanent ban.

Lol.

my mistake Tar..apologies...but do u not think it's unfair to be judged on one post?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Depends on the post. In general no, people shouldn't be judged on a single post.
    People aren't judged like this nless they are a new user with obvious bad intentions.
    I replied to your PM but you may be banned before you can read it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

was for mods to not immediately ban someone but to give it a few weeks or so before addressing the issue.

Mods can't site ban you. Only SMods and Admins can.

It is rare that you would be site banned for one post unless your a...
    - trader
    - spammer
    - Lost control of the account
    - do something that is detrimental to the community.
    - Multiple accounts (especially if to circumvent a ban)
    - receive too many bans from various forums too quickly.

I don't know the whole story but I do know she wasn't banned because of the one post you linked to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Heh, that banlist is rather nifty.

Glad SS is gone. Don't know what she did but she was a headwrecker tbh. As for her having 800posts and therefore should have been given more leniancy I don't agree. I had over 1000 when I get perm-banned back in the day and I had no complaints so I reckon it should be the same for everyone.

Although that said doing "Crossing the Desert.", "the Unblinking Eye." and "the Paddling of the Swollen Ass...With Paddles." for a second time really wasn't my cup o'tea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I see Freelancer is gone. He used to be Mycroft.
    That frees up a bit of space on my ignore list.
    No tears here for that argumentative little git.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I agree with the whole "one bad post and you're banned" thing, cos if that wasn't the case, and I wasn't site-banned after my naughtiness, I may have kept going on with my naughtiness (which may have caused hell for the normal users). Luckily (or unluckily) I was site-banned, and I learnt my lesson.

Oh, and as for the spammers, ye gotta wonder how many of their posts were spam, how many were just below what was needed for a banning, and how many were legit.

Advertisement