Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Dishes

Options
  • 08-04-2006 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I will be moving into the grove in the next couple of months and was wondering if satellite dishes were allowed on houses/duplex? Heard a rumour they might not be allowed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

Liam81 wrote:
    I will be moving into the grove in the next couple of months and was wondering if satellite dishes were allowed on houses/duplex? Heard a rumour they might not be allowed!

Officially they aren't allowed on any home, house ,apartment or duplex.
    However, if you walk around you'll see them everywhere.
    As far as i'm aware no-one has been forced to remove one.
    I have an Irish Broadband antenna on my roof (2 bed house) and i haven't heard from the managment company. My neighbours have a satellite dish up and again, they not a squeek from the man.

In relation to an apartment or duplex i can't say. I have seen them around but not as many as the houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

Don't worry about the Satellite dish rules.
    There is absolutely NOTHING the management company can do about them.
    The notion that you require planning permission to put one up is total rubbish...FACT!
    There was mention of a test case being taken against someone who had installed one illegally, but the simple fact is that there is nothing anyone can do to stop you installing one.

Fire away and enjoy the benefits of not having to sign up to NTL.
    :):)

Advertisement