Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple

Options
  • 08-04-2006 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Just wonering what the hardware differnces between a high end PC and a high end Mac are. If you completely ignore the OS is there a big difference between them?

Im not trying to start an argument about this. Just curious.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The only major differences are if its a PPC (PowerPC) Mac it has a different CPU and supporting chipset.

The newer Intel Macs are for the most part identical but they use a newer form of bios called EFI than regular PC's but the hardware's the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 stewals

Hi. I upgraded the software on my iPhone 5 to iOS 7.1.2. Now, when I try to connect to any bluetooth device, my phone doesn't detect them any more. It continuously searches for devices but none located. I've tested other iPhones on these devices & it works so problem is def with phone. I've also backed up my phone, reset to factory settings. & backed up from the cloud but still not working. Phone is only a few months old (May 2014). Please advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

stewals wrote: »
    Hi. I upgraded the software on my iPhone 5 to iOS 7.1.2. Now, when I try to connect to any bluetooth device, my phone doesn't detect them any more. It continuously searches for devices but none located. I've tested other iPhones on these devices & it works so problem is def with phone. I've also backed up my phone, reset to factory settings. & backed up from the cloud but still not working. Phone is only a few months old (May 2014). Please advise.

Make a new thread in the Apple Devices forum would be my advice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

It's essestanly the same hardware. Apple just charges a bit more for it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hi Stewals,

Create a new thread over here for advice. Locking as this is an old bumped thread

Nick

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement