Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Racing Forum

Options
  • 08-04-2006 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im suffering a lot of abuse, attacks, criticism etc from the moderators on the horse racing forum. If I post a negative comment about something I am accused of trying to stir up trouble or something while if I post a positive comment I am accused of being "an idiot". I don't understand why Im suffering such abuse from the moderators.

Whats the story? It seems to me that the moderators on the Horse Racing forum don't want me on because I am showing them up despite the fact that Im a novice at the sport. Its just a matter of time before they find an excuse to permanently ban me for nothing.

I am a member of many horse racing forums and I have only been thanked for my contributuions, both positive and negative.

finnpark
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Also,

someone seems to be deleting replies to this thread. I got an email with the following message:
    Dear finnpark,

chump has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Horse Racing Forum - in the Feedback forum of boards.ie/vbulletin.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054914876&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    Don't back down finn.

Stick it to them...

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
    boards.ie/vbulletin

Why was that message deleted and who deleted it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Chump deleted it himself.

Asok wrote:
    Chump deleted it himself.

OK, thanks . That's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Didn't want to be a smartarse :)
    (have to stop digging holes for myself sometime)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

finnpark wrote:
    Hi,

Im suffering a lot of abuse, attacks, criticism etc from the moderators on the horse racing forum. If I post a negative comment about something I am accused of trying to stir up trouble or something while if I post a positive comment I am accused of being "an idiot". I don't understand why Im suffering such abuse from the moderators.

Whats the story? It seems to me that the moderators on the Horse Racing forum don't want me on because I am showing them up despite the fact that Im a novice at the sport. Its just a matter of time before they find an excuse to permanently ban me for nothing.

I am a member of many horse racing forums and I have only been thanked for my contributuions, both positive and negative.

finnpark

Have you any examples of this abuse? I can guarantee you that you will not be banned for nothing, you have been banned twice however and your next ban will be your last.

Also, when linking to these examples of unjustified abuse, will you link to those areas where you showing me (us) up please?

• Advertisement

Well the latest insult came when fadetoblack called me an idiot. He changed the post then but not until it had been delivered to everyone's inbox who was subscribed to the thread.

The reason I am suffering such a backlash from the moderators is down to this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054870158 .

Since I posted on this thread, questioning fadetoblack numerous posts have been "questioned" by the moderators on the forum.

How many moderators does a forum need anyway, there are nearly as many moderators as other general posters.

You yourself Hobart had a jibe at me today:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054914596 .

I gave the fellow some advice and this "permanent ban" threat is mentioned despite giving an opinion.

The first time I was banned was for questioning Healio's inside information, masterk did this to another poster and did not get banned. Im not going to search through all the posts to pick out the ridicule comments and jibes from the moderators on the Horse Racing Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

What are you expecting to achieve with this thread Finnpark? Sympathy? you're not banned at the minute so that can't be a reason. Are your feelings hurt because you're disliked and I think you're an idiot? If that's the case you should really just turn off your computer, it's far too upsetting or you.

Maybe you want some mod sacking? Attention? A hug?

finnpark wrote:
    Well the latest insult came when fadetoblack called me an idiot. He changed the post then but not until it had been delivered to everyone's inbox who was subscribed to the thread.

The reason I am suffering such a backlash from the moderators is down to this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054870158 .

Since I posted on this thread, questioning fadetoblack numerous posts have been "questioned" by the moderators on the forum.

How many moderators does a forum need anyway, there are nearly as many moderators as other general posters.

You yourself Hobart had a jibe at me today:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054914596 .

I gave the fellow some advice and this "permanent ban" threat is mentioned despite giving an opinion.

The first time I was banned was for questioning Healio's inside information, masterk did this to another poster and did not get banned. Im not going to search through all the posts to pick out the ridicule comments and jibes from the moderators on the Horse Racing Forum.
    I think he called you an idiot, because your comments were idiotic. You made the same idiotic comments in the thread you accuse me of "having a jibe" at you. Let me just clarify it for you. The horse racing industry has many facets. One of which involves the multi million pound industry of horse sales. The industry is at best fickle, when it comes to it's products. Commenting on the reason for a horse been sold, when you obviously have no idea, is both stupid and potentially libelous. You have done this twice in the same manner.

You yourself have admitted that you are new to Horse Racing. I would suggest that you give yourslef time, and learn a bit more about the sport, before you shoot yourself in the foot anymore. I mentioned a permanent ban, because your next banning will be that.

I may have come across as rude or strong on you, but it was more for emphasis than anything else. To be honest with you my blood is still boiling over your blatant plagerism last week when you attempted to "hoodwink" a number of long standing members with a crude cut and paste jobbie.

Again, in all honesty, it was only through the intervention of another mod you mention, that I did not ban you for that, at the time.

All I'm saying is that you are more than welcome to post away on the board anytime you like. I have no agenda against you, and I don't believe anybody else does. You seem to have a persecution complex about yourself that is quite un-healthy. Like I said, contibute, but just have a think about what you are saying before you say it. Ok?

:rolleyes:

fade2black wrote:
    What are you expecting to achieve with this thread Finnpark? Sympathy? you're not banned at the minute so that can't be a reason. Are your feelings hurt because you're disliked and I think you're an idiot? If that's the case you should really just turn off your computer, it's far too upsetting or you.

I think the above 2 threads sums up what Im here complaining about.

Im only disliked by the moderators for standing up to you. I have no complaints from non moderators, in fact I have only received praise and general comments about horse racing.

At the end of the day your job is to moderate the forum, not to question point of views. You do not own the forum, JB does so stop acting like you do and do your job properly like the other moderators in other forums on boards.ie.

Imagine if the mods on the political discussion forum were like yous there would only be one sided discussions.

• Advertisement

Links Finnpark...the people need links!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i cant help noticing that you are willing to completely ignore any open and honest feedback that you receive.

i cant help noticing that you are willing to completely ignore any open and honest feedback that you receive.

Is the quote below supposed to be feedback?

But I didn't start the thread? You're the person who wants the feedback. I've already addressed you numerous times on the HR forum, you chose to make it a feedback issue.

But what you really mean is a I have a problem with Fadetoblack. You've said that no other members of the Horse Racing forum have a problem with you and the other mods only have because you have "stood up to me". Stood up to me about what Finnpark? You say things all the time that you simply can't back up, I really find it hilarious that you've started a feedback thread to be honest. We're being fair though, and we're replying to you. How about you reply to us now?

fade2black wrote:
    But I didn't start the thread? You're the person who wants the feedback. I've already addressed you numerous times on the HR forum, you chose to make it a feedback issue.

But what you really mean is a I have a problem with Fadetoblack. You've said that no other members of the Horse Racing forum have a problem with you and the other mods only have because you have "stood up to me". Stood up to me about what Finnpark? You say things all the time that you simply can't back up, I really find it hilarious that you've started a feedback thread to be honest. We're being fair though, and we're replying to you. How about you reply to us now?

You called me an idiot for saying Hedgehunter was a good horse. Why?

At the end of the day you don't like me , iloveireland , ian, europeboy posting on the forum because we make you look like you have no clue about racing.

The best poster on the Horse Racing Forum is iloveireland and you had a few jibes, on a few occasions, at him for posting despite the fact he has shown amazing tipping ability. The same goes for europeboy, he was the best ever - he knew 100 times more about horse racing than any of you while he was banned despite incredible accuracy in his tips. While you on the other hand have a strike rate of about 2% and you keep posting away.

Now I wouldn't ridicule your selections just because you have no clue about horse racing but since you began personal insults I felt it appropriate to give you some of your own medicine.

Have a good nite.

This is the thread where sjones and fade2black ganged up on iloveireland;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054911965&page=2

Its not the 1st time either and I noticied he is more reluctant to post his selections now since been ridiculed by the mob. :mad:

finnpark wrote:
    You called me an idiot for saying Hedgehunter was a good horse. Why?

At the end of the day you don't like me , iloveireland , ian, europeboy posting on the forum because we make you look like you have no clue about racing.

The best poster on the Horse Racing Forum is iloveireland and you had a few jibes, on a few occasions, at him for posting despite the fact he has shown amazing tipping ability. The same goes for europeboy, he was the best ever - he knew 100 times more about horse racing than any of you while he was banned despite incredible accuracy in his tips. While you on the other hand have a strike rate of about 2% and you keep posting away.

Now I wouldn't ridicule your selections just because you have no clue about horse racing but since you began personal insults I felt it appropriate to give you some of your own medicine.

Have a good nite.

A couple of things.

1) Your mixing up the ability to post with the ability to tip
    2) You have no idea what fraud is
    3) You only need a 2% strike rate if you are backin 66/1 shots ;)
    4) To critisise is to comment upon
    5) You are componding you idiocy with your idiotic remarks here, I would suggest, for your own good, you that you hit the big x in the corner of your browser, put the cork back in the wine and get some shut eye.
    6) I'm now convinced. You are an idiot.

I briefly considered replying to you in detail Finnpark but there really wouldn't be much point would there?

However, a couple of small things.

Could you link to where I called you a fool for saying Hedgehunter was a good horse?

Could you link to where Europeboy, Ian and IloveIreland made me look like I know nothing about horse racing?

Could you link to how I have a tipping strike rate of 2%?

You can make a lot of claims but I'd like you to back them up before we continue this. You have decided that this is a feedback issue rather than a horse racing forum issue (and you havent answered my question as to why this is, a public fight with me appears to be the only reason, there are other forums for that), and in that context you will have people viewing it who never visit the horse racing forum. If you're going to make statements and allegations about me then please back them up.

fade2black wrote:
    I briefly considered replying to you in detail Finnpark but there really wouldn't be much point would there?

However, a couple of small things.

Could you link to where I called you a fool for saying Hedgehunter was a good horse?

Could you link to where Europeboy, Ian and IloveIreland made me look like I know nothing about horse racing?

Could you link to how I have a tipping strike rate of 2%?

You can make a lot of claims but I'd like you to back them up before we continue this. You have decided that this is a feedback issue rather than a horse racing forum issue (and you havent answered my question as to why this is, a public fight with me appears to be the only reason, there are other forums for that), and in that context you will have people viewing it who never visit the horse racing forum. If you're going to make statements and allegations about me then please back them up.

(1) You called me an idiot, I got the email and so did others subscribed to the thread. You edited before anyone could see it but everyone got it in their inbox. Dont lie.

(2) They are so good at tipping they make the rest of you look clueless. Only 1 way to sort that out, get rid of them. Your doing a good job of that

I don't like pointing out people's lack of tipping ability after their tip loses but you pushed me to it.

Moderators are supposed to moderate the forum , not exclude people they don't like for whatever reasons. The threat to ban me for replying to Racexpert was a total abuse of the moderation as was my very first ban. iloveireland's ban was also totally wrong. Some of the replies to our posts since then have been uncalled for .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Is the quote below supposed to be feedback?

Yes. Just because you don't like it, it doesn't make it any less valid.

• Advertisement

This really is descending into a joke.

You said that I called you an idiot for saying Hedgehunter was a good horse. You still haven't linked to anything similiar to this. I edited it because I'm a mod and changed what I said to you're one of a kind Finnpark. Just link it so everyone can see. I'm sure they'd wonder why I'd call you a name for saying Hedgehunter is a good horse.

The other crap you said is not worth replying to. I urge anyone reading this to have a glance through the racing forum to judge for themselves.

BuffyBot wrote:
    Yes. Just because you don't like it, it doesn't make it any less valid.

But all it was , was an insult. Very little feedback.

fade2black wrote:
    This really is descending into a joke.

You said that I called you an idiot for saying Hedgehunter was a good horse. You still haven't linked to anything similiar to this. I edited it because I'm a mod and changed what I said to you're one of a kind Finnpark. Just link it so everyone can see. I'm sure they'd wonder why I'd call you a name for saying Hedgehunter is a good horse.

The other crap you said is not worth replying to. I urge anyone reading this to have a glance through the racing forum to judge for themselves.

How can I link to it if you have edited it. If you edit it straight away it doesn't say "edited at time etc". Are you denying that you called me an idiot? I deleted my email but Im sure there are plenty on that thread that have that email in their inbox or in their delete box.? You seem to be denying it?

At the end of the day everyone can see how you treated myself, Europeboy and iloveireland amongst others on the forum. Show a bit of professionalism, my guess is your a little immature but hopefully you will learn from your mistakes. I dont mind you posting losers but the personal attacks and sticking knife in against new comers to the forum must stop. Our opinions are as good as anyone. I make plenty of money from horse racing , horse racing betting and I will have a top bread horse out next year so maybe I know more about horse racing than you think. I have posted tips in the last month than have won at 22/1 , 8/1 amongst numerous others. My last daily nap won at 11/4 SP. When you make as much money from racing as Im making then let me know and we can share our methods but in the meantime have some respect for forum memebrs' views. You may not agree but we are entitled to views as long as they are not offensive, obscene, libel etc !

You really are hilarious Finnpark. Yes I called you an idiot, and yes I edited it. However, you lied and said that it was because you said Hedgehunter was a good horse. It was however, in relation to you hoping that a horse (war of attrition it turns out) breaks its leg.

Yourself and Europeboy have been treated exactly how you deserve to be treated. Iloveireland has not been treated badly at all from what I can see.

You don't mind me posting losers??? I laughed even more at this. I have posted about 20 times more winners on the racing forum than you ever have and if you would like me to link you to all of them then I'd be more than happy.

I know people like you finnpark, you try every tipster and every system out there in the hope of winning an easy buck. The truth is that you know very little about racing and rely on telephone tipsters( who we all know you're a member of) and that kind of sillyness to win money.

For the record, here's the guy Finnpark loves so much. You have to work hard to get an avatar like that.

Finnpark, this thread does not belong in feedback. You are a child having a tantrum, there are other forums out there that are more suitable.

I know people like you finnpark, you try every tipster and every system out there in the hope of winning an easy buck. The truth is that you know very little about racing and rely on telephone tipsters( who we all know you're a member of) and that kind of sillyness to win money.

You know why this makes me laugh so much - because you used to be a member of the tipster service I used to own.:D . Isn't that right DS?:D . I have never paid for any tips in my life:D . I charge for tips:D . I remember the time you sent me a thank you email for tipping Modeeroch in Leopardstown on my tipping line, its you that joins tipping services. You walked into that one DS

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

finnpark wrote:
    But all it was , was an insult. Very little feedback.

ah, you see, this is where you are making your big mistake. and it goes back to what i said in my previous post.

when they called you an idiot, it was feedback.
    it wasnt constructive. but it was still feedback. you asked for feedback, and lets face it, a lot fo advice that people give is not actually constructive. regardless of where it si meant to be or not.

you see, thats the wonder of boards. people like to comment.
    however, the fact is that people are giving you feedback. but just becuase you dont believe it to be constructive, doesnt mean its less valid for other users.

and regardless of your own expertize and experience, some people will always look at you as a newbie. and you have to learn taht other peoples opinions of you are never going to match what you think they should be.

you ask for respect etc, but you only get what you earn. coming in here and whinging like a bítch is not going to earn you respect. in fact, even looking at it logically and trying to change peoples opinions by being a smart ass is just going to bring down howls of derisive laughter on you.

however, for what its worth, i also think your an idiot. lighten up, and learn that what other people think of you really doesnt matter...

finnpark wrote:
    You know why this makes me laugh so much - because you used to be a member of the tipster service I used to own.:D . Isn't that right DS?:D . I have never paid for any tips in my life:D . I charge for tips:D . I remember the time you sent me a thank you email for tipping Modeeroch in Leopardstown on my tipping line, its you that joins tipping services. You walked into that one DS

Now I'm really starting to enjoy this thread. You really are a funny one Finnpark. You keep replying on this thread, ignoring the information that incriminates you and trying to magnify what little you have to work with.

This tipping line you're talking about...the one you say I "joined", this "tipping line" (which insinuates a telephone service). How much did it cost? Give us more information about it.

Personally I think this thread never have made it to feedback because you still haven't told anybody what you expect to get from it. I'm guessing the mods haven't seen it yet because otherwise it would have been moved to thunderdrome ages ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I've debated whether to reply to this or not, but seeing as my name is mentioned somewhere in there amongst all of the ****e I said I would. I want to get a few things straight here, seeing as this is feedback.

Finnpark, if I had my way you would have been permanently banned from boards.ie for your comments about War of Attrition. It's obvious from those comments that you are a complete and utter spanner. You have no love of horse racing - anyone who had, even if that person lost everything he had, would never ever comment like you did. The only reason you are on the HR forum is to try and salvage a little bit of praise from other users, and you are trying to do that here with this bullcrap thread about the HR forum. I ask you finnpark, since us moderators are doing such a bad job, why has no other user from the HR forum agreed with you, or posted other such "offenses" that we have been a part of? The boards.ie database does not go away, everything we have ever said is in there, you have made n number of claims and not backed one of them up. Is this because you are 'lazy' as you put it, or is it because you can't?

You say that there are as many moderators as regular users. I find that both laughable and offensive. But the only reason there are three active moderators on the HR forum is because we constantly have to deal with muppets like yourself lately. I think the other mods have been nice up to now, but I don't think you even deserve that. The fact that you have created a feedback thread about this and that you never contacted us about anything that you have had a problem with before is boiling my blood. You didn't even know why you were banned the last time, and you made that evident by the first post you made after you were unbanned. We even let you know why you were banned and you still didn't get it.

Now, you mention iloveireland, europeboy and ian. I don't even think that I have to back up why europeboy and/or ian were banned from the horse racing forum. Their actions, both before and after the bans are what screwed them over. All of the moderators of boards.ie know about what they were up to, because I let them know about it. Nobody thinks their bans are unjust. I'm seeing a pattern here....

iloveireland... where to start. Yes, I do not like him, but not because of who he is - I have never met the guy. I do not like the way he posts. It's very hard to read what he's saying because he doesn't use proper punctuation and spelling. I have pleaded with him a countless number of times, as have other users, to sort it out. He is getting better at it though. The only things I have ever criticised him for was for not posting reasons for any of his selections, and the way he posts. I just wanted to know why he liked the horse, we do this on the HR forum you see. It's called having a debate about horses, it leads to everyone learning more and more about this wonderful sport. The reason the HR forum is so successful is because of this. Look at Morgans' write up about the national, why do you think he wrote like that? He could have just posted like iloveireland and given the horses name in caps and said it's a "tip" he got from his uncles parrot. But he didn't, he posted like he did to back up what he was saying and to let other users, both new and regular, to learn from him. The only reason I am any good at selecting horses is because of the way the HR forum is. Other forums out there, like OLBG, let users just post their horses and not say anything about it. These users are not learning a thing about the sport, and that's my gripe with iloveireland. If I never gave off about him posting selections with no reasons, then everyone would be doing it right now and nobody would be learning anything. I am kind of using double standards here because I too have posted selections without any reasons, but that was either because I did not have enough time to do a write up - and i have said that everytime, or because I was new to the forum.

And lastly I want to say, finnpark, you have never "showed me up" on the horse racing forum. You couldn't tip your hat in the right direction, or pick your nose for that matter. Since Thursday, I have posted two 10/1 winners, a 4/1 winner who beat an odds on favourite, an 11/4 winner and a 3/1 winner. I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet, I wouldn't even have mentioned this if it wasn't for what you said about knowing more about this game than any of the mods. Be childish all you want, and I am being childish in this response, but I can guarantee that I have a higher strike rate than you do on the HR forum. If you think otherwise, show me the proof. Otherwise grow up and act your bloody age.

Thanks for all your replies.

finnpark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I have to say, I have absolutely nothing to do with this whatsoever but I have actually enjoyed reading this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement