Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MMS msgs from 84916????

• 08-04-2006 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

I keep getting mms msgs once a week from this number and its costing me €3,does anyone know how to stop it,i have never signed up for one of these services before

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

thats a uk short code number - not an irish one
    what exactly does it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭brian2614

when i open it all is in the msg is "84196" and then goes and downloads a pic

you could reply with "stop"

tried that,it just says sending failed????

i'd contact your service provider
    if its a uk number (i'm assuming you're in ireland) the short code will mean nothing from here

• Advertisement

thanks anyway will do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

brian2614 wrote:
    tried that,it just says sending failed????
    i don't think you can text an english shortcode number from an irish phone. if its not too much hassle just change your number. even with the irish ones it can be tricky to get them to stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

That shortcode doesn't show up on http://www.regtel.ie/unsubscribe.php#frm like the others do :|

Ring up Voda/Met/O2 - they can check who's taking money from your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

For the UK the body that deals with complaints etc about premium rate services is ICSTIS, eg see this page: http://www.icstis.org.uk/consumers/faqs/reverse_billed_SMS.asp

Start with your irish operator first though.

Advertisement