Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oracle 10g problem

Options
  • 08-04-2006 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭

Hey all, kind of a silly problem. I installed Oracle 10g on my machine last night for the first time. Since it was quite late when it finished installing I never tried logging into sqlplus until this morning and realised that I don't actually know my username.

As mentioned it was late when I installed it and I don't remember being prompted to set up a user name. I remember choosing a global name for the database and choosing a password but for the life of me can't remember choosing a username.

Does anybody know if there is a standard username, I tried 'root' and tried using the same name as the global db but no joy.

I don't have much experience with Oracle and this is the first time trying to install it and would appreciate any help on this. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

When I installed XE, the standard username was system. The password on the otherhand you supply yourself during the installation.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

dazberry wrote:
    When I installed XE, the standard username was system. The password on the otherhand you supply yourself during the installation.

D.

Thanks for that mate, I had already tried SYSTEM, SYS and a couple of others. It turns out the problem was that I tried using localhost, 127.0.0.1 and my machine name as the host string (my first time using a local db) I just never thought to leave the host blank.

Thanks though

Advertisement