Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poster for fast food advice!

• 08-04-2006 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Hey people, im doing a poster and pamplet for my class on the poor quality of fast food. I have a good idea for the pamlet, anyone got any good ideas on a poster to try and convince young people not to eat junk/crap foods!?

Any ideas would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Hey people, im doing a poster and pamplet for my class on the poor quality of fast food. I have a good idea for the pamlet, anyone got any good ideas on a poster to try and convince young people not to eat junk/crap foods!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Put a picture of a burger, and then another picture of worms or cockroaches or somthing on the same page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hmm well you could start with looking up a few stats about how fat America has gotten, and is getting bigger. Like the size of clothing getting bigger, I think its currently at 10XL, disgusting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 maxruby

Did you ever see the photo of the lady in america that got the chicken nuggets in mc donalds. And 1 of them was a battered chiken head.Maybe you could get that somewhere of the web. Because all fast food is made using the of cuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

pictures of diseased hearts /blocked arteries from the high saturated fat/trans fat and salt levels.
    highlight the fact the food is poor quality so they have to add loads of additives to make it taste good and highlight that good quality food doesnt need additives.maybe highlight all the E numbers for the additives. show a coke cup full of white sugar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

how about a close up of an obese slob chomping into a supersized burger that's full of "junk", fishbones etc?

Also highlight the fact that the size of portions are gigantic these days, small doesnt exist or has been upgraded to medium..so a medium is small nowadays basically. Massive drinks that dont fit into cup holders, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

maybe this picture could be useful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

If you could make an animation or video of someone opening up a happy meal, picking up the burger, bit smile on his fat face, then cue close-up on the part of the burger yer man's about to eat, and a load of cockroaches are crawling out of it! :eek:

That'd put me off burgers forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭AngryAnderson

It's quite an interesting topic. The government moan about the number of obese people and amount of heart disease and related illnesses yet if I want to get a healthy (and relatively small) salad in Nude for lunch, it costs me a fiver. Another 3 or 4 quid for a fresh fruit/veggy type juice to wash it down with. If I want to join a GYM in the city centre, it costs me hundreds upon hundreds a year.

Why aren't there government subsidised healthy food shops like Nude but that are reasonable value? Why aren't there council run gyms all over the country like in the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

pic of an incredibly obese person covered in grease in a pool of burgers, nuggets and what not

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

cormie wrote:

Is that for real? That kid looks like the Mitchelin man.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Get one of your generic '3-McDonalds-a-day-with-a-Burger-King-on-the-side's belly.. And using the wonders of photoshop, insert it between two burger buns...

Extra 10 points if it's hairy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

this with the caption why throw away the healthiest/best/most useful part
    http://www.jeffthefish.com/images/trash/003.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

A picture of a **** in bun, with the caption junk food is crap.

cormie wrote:

That particular picture is always showed in the newspapers when it has something to do with obesity, Ive seen it a number of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Put a Picture of various junk food and a picture of bubbles beside it, say junk food + you = bubbles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Abstract

I know its not directly relavant but i was out one night and had just been to mc donalds when i happened along a stray dog outside a shop licking up a pile of vomit.Feeling sorry for it i threw it the end of my mc donalds burger, the dog sniffed it and then went straight back to licking vomit.
    I havent had mcdonalds in quite some time after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Abstract wrote:
    I know its not directly relavant but i was out one night and had just been to mc donalds when i happened along a stray dog outside a shop licking up a pile of vomit.Feeling sorry for it i threw it the end of my mc donalds burger, the dog sniffed it and then went straight back to licking vomit.
    I havent had mcdonalds in quite some time after that.

Thats fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Geordie_Girl

How about a picture of turkey necks, chicken lips etc in a bowl at the top, then an = sign, then a picture of chicken nuggets at the bottom. Or something along those lines.
    If you can get hold of Jamie Oliver's School Dinners program from last year, you'll see what I'm getting at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Geordie_Girl

Sorry, double post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

DaveMcG wrote:
    If you could make an animation or video of someone opening up a happy meal, picking up the burger, bit smile on his fat face, then cue close-up on the part of the burger yer man's about to eat, and a load of cockroaches are crawling out of it! :eek:

That'd put me off burgers forever.

You might also get sued repeatedly....

Go to the factory where they make the burgers and photograph what actually goes in to the burger.... ie, meat, but feet and brains and all the other bits.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

What about a juicy turd in between two burger buns?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Lump wrote:
    You might also get sued repeatedly....

Go to the factory where they make the burgers and photograph what actually goes in to the burger.... ie, meat, but feet and brains and all the other bits.

John

Err- that will get you sued too.....
    I've an uncle in Sligo who spent about 6 years in the courts over something similar (he used to be a main supplier for Mc'y Ds.

For the record there is no brain or spinal matter allowed into the food chain (these tend to be the areas when prion proteins are concentrated, and hence the main vector for CJD/BSE). This has been the case since the late 80s. As for feet- they are actually considered a delicacy on the continent and a lot of processors remove them specifically so they can be supplied to that market (urggghhhh). All carcases are thoroughly cleaned to make sure no faecal matter or other nasties contaminate them (this is overseen by Department of Agriculture officials who are based fulltime at the various meat plants (they do reject a sizeable number of carcases for various reasons- this is one reason why we are allowed to export beef to the EU/Egypt and further afield, whereas they are not allowed from the UK/France/the Netherlands and elsewhere).

SCJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

• Registered Users Posts: 13,906 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Read Fast Food Nation for some inspiration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

"Fast Food.... the quicker way to an early grave"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 killer kid

how about a picture of a heart in really bad condition then underneath it says
    this could be your heart dont eat junk food

whiskeyman wrote:
    "Fast Food.... the quicker way to an early grave"

thats really good, im going to use that. I plan on having a quiz on the pamphlet which will give answers on how crap the food is. the poster is for a secondary school so i cant be to graphic with the poster. But thanks for the great ideas so far people!

• Advertisement

PS anyone know any good sites for getting good facts about how bad for you fast food is?Cant seem to find any good1s through google

Advertisement