Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject Choices for Leaving Certificate

Options
  • 08-04-2006 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what all of ye have decided to do for Leaving Certificate.

Sciences , business , humanities(geography,history) post them in.

I am doing Chemistry , Biology, and probably Geography.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

English, Irish, Maths, Geography, Physics, Tech Graph, French.

I might do History if I do bad in something.

Do we have to make our decisions by 4th year or 5th year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭sharpjaws

Jello wrote:

i have already choosen Art, Tech graphics, Engineering,physics. not sure why, we all did our choices like a month ago :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Jello wrote:

Im not that sure it really depends on the school. For example in our school we are making our choices for next year now. However in 4th year you have the option of changing a subject again if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭yourpetzombie

I'm doing TY, but I'll probably be doing English, Irish, Maths, French, History, Music and Chemistry. Or maybe Accounting instead of Chem..

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

religion, biology, physics, french

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

In my school we choose at the end of fourth year and I tihnk the teachers of the various subjects give a talk to the year about why they should do their subject. I'm thinking of doing English, Irish, Maths, History, French, German, Japanese and Chemistry.

Possibly Music too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Piste wrote:
    I'm thinking of doing English, Irish, Maths, History, French, German, Japanese and Chemistry.
    Possibly Music too.

That's quite a lot. Will you have to do some of them outside of school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭peachesxcream

Piste wrote:
    In my school we choose at the end of fourth year and I tihnk the teachers of the various subjects give a talk to the year about why they should do their subject. I'm thinking of doing English, Irish, Maths, History, French, German, Japanese and Chemistry.

Possibly Music too.
    Three continental languages?! Jebus. Fair play to ya!

Isn't Japan an Island? :P

Jello: Yes I'd have to do Japanese outside school, my school doesn't offer it. If I do music it'll also have to be outside school.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

I picked geography, biology, French and accountancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Music, Art, and then the problem starts.
    I'm only allowed three subjects for the leaving in my school. I was led to believe is was four, so i was going to pick Latin and Biology too.. Gah.. Don't know what to do now.. Might take Latin and just take up an extra subject outside of school..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

L&#233 wrote: »
    Music, Art, and then the problem starts.
    I'm only allowed three subjects for the leaving in my school. I was led to believe is was four, so i was going to pick Latin and Biology too.. Gah.. Don't know what to do now.. Might take Latin and just take up an extra subject outside of school..

Thats not a very good idea. Really you should 7 subjects because it will take up all your time if you do an extra subject. If you are doing 2 pass subjects then you could do an 8th higher one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

english,maths and irish (pass irish)
    physics,engineering,german,business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I'm doing TY but I'll probably pick English, Irish, Maths, Chemistry, German, Accounting and History!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

JSK 252 wrote:
    Thats not a very good idea. Really you should 7 subjects because it will take up all your time if you do an extra subject. If you are doing 2 pass subjects then you could do an 8th higher one.

Nah. If i take up a subject it will probably something easy enough and purely for points. A language or some form of classical studies maybe..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Piste wrote:
    Isn't Japan an Island? :P

Jello: Yes I'd have to do Japanese outside school, my school doesn't offer it. If I do music it'll also have to be outside school.
    japan is made up of 4 main islands and loads of small ones :)

but yeah shudn't some of u wait till u have done TY first, or are u all trying to skip to 5th year? (sometimes I wish i could, compulsory TY :( )

Jakkass wrote:
    japan is made up of 4 main islands and loads of small ones :)

Well it's about as continental as Ireland is, and that's not very continental at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Doesn't continental actually refer to Continental Europe, anyway?

Yeah that's what I thought she was talking about too.

Advertisement