Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What is it with lads in Type R Civics?!!

Options
  • 09-04-2006 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

The newer model Type Rs.. no problem with them, nice car.

But what is the story with the lads in 1997 import Type Rs that think a few boost gauges, white alloys and some angel eyes make them animals on the road!!??

I ended up embarrassing the shi*e out of a fella driving one with his mate by his side in the passenger seat after he'd sat up my ar£e provoking me for long enough last night - it just had to be done.

Anyone else think these fellas go around thinking they're driving a 355 or something???

Storrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeee. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The Type R is a quick enough car IIRC, in terms of acceleration as good or better than your GTi. Of course some of the "type R's" on the road are probably a 1.4 Civic in disguise :)

In any case if you bury the throttle to get away from someone tailgating you you've got a significant head start on him so it wouldn't be a surprise that you left him behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

I don't want this to turn into a Type R Vs GTI thread Brian.

However, not all the Type Rs are as quick and there's a big difference to pulling away from someone in a short burst and leaving them so far behind that when you get to the next lights it takes a good 20 seconds for them to even appear in your mirror in the distance.

If you own a CTR fair enough but in my opinion there's a certain amount of muppetry associated with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Big Balls wrote:
    However, not all the Type Rs are as quick and there's a big difference to pulling away from someone in a short burst and leaving them so far behind that when you get to the next lights it takes a good 20 seconds for them to even appear in your mirror in the distance.

Assuming, of course, that the Type R was actually trying.

Yeh, cause these fellas have a history of sitting on somebody's bumper and then when they get a chance to show off they do nothing.

Long live the beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Stop talking crap. You could have been imagining all this in your head. Maybe he wasn't looking for a race, and you had it all in your head. You said he was sitting on your bumper, he could have just been a bad driver, not a boy racer. Don't tar everybody with the same brush cos they drive a fast car and are a guy. You could be classed liked that aswell seeing as you drive a gti

• Advertisement

BrynW wrote:
    Stop talking crap. You could have been imagining all this in your head. Maybe he wasn't looking for a race, and you had it all in your head. You said he was sitting on your bumper, he could have just been a bad driver, not a boy racer. Don't tar everybody with the same brush cos they drive a fast car and are a guy. You could be classed liked that aswell seeing as you drive a gti

:confused:

Anyone know what this fool is on about??

How would I 'imagine' it?

Turn your Burberry cap down a few degrees and get back behind the wheel of your little rice rocket ie GET OFF YOUR FOOKIN HIGH HORSE.
    BrynW wrote:
    Don't tar everybody with the same brush cos they drive a fast car and are a guy

There's plenty of older Type R's that are NOT fast.

And finally on your "tarring" shyte, there's a bit of a difference between someone who can buy an import CTR for 8 grand and the type of fella that spends €37,000 on a GTI, that's generally how people don't think this...
    BrynW wrote:
    You could be classed liked that aswell seeing as you drive a gti

Don't take it so personally my V-Tec friend, if your car is so great, this fella obviously had something else he needed to 'prove'! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

let me get this strait

the guy got a bit to close for your liking . then instead of pulling into the side and letting him away or taking his number plate down to report to the guards you decided that the only thing to do was tear away as fast as you could ?

and because of this one guys obvious error your thinking that anyone who owns a type r that isnt recent is a bad driver or some sort of a show off ? and you felt the need to make a show of him by somehow going faster then he was ?

now im not saying you were speeding or doing anything wrong im sure the aera you were in was 100km and he was doing 80 or so but whats your point ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Big Balls wrote:

LOL! No, chip on shoulder springs to mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Big Balls wrote:

Yes I know exactly what he's on about. Idiots who race on public roads because they were "provoked".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

2 guys in a typeR see a guy in a GTI , 2 guys in ctr drive up the arse of golf ...i doubt they were admiring his rear bumper - obviously they wanted a race.

And the i doubt your golf is even that much quicker than the civic.

i bet you downshifted kept you revs at bout 5000 and then booted it when the guys where probably 5th at 3000rpm .
    You have a significant advantage being the car in front .

but nice car anyway.

• Advertisement

elexes wrote:
    let me get this strait

the guy got a bit to close for your liking . then instead of pulling into the side and letting him away or taking his number plate down to report to the guards you decided that the only thing to do was tear away as fast as you could ?

and because of this one guys obvious error your thinking that anyone who owns a type r that isnt recent is a bad driver or some sort of a show off ? and you felt the need to make a show of him by somehow going faster then he was ?

now im not saying you were speeding or doing anything wrong im sure the aera you were in was 100km and he was doing 80 or so but whats your point ?

Well said. That was what i was trying to say!

Big Balls wrote:

I find it strange that you have the nerve to call me a fool, seeing as you decided you would floor it because some guy in a civic type r was driving close to you. If it had been an old granny in a micra, i don't think you would have thought she was looking for a race the way the guy in the civic was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

elexes wrote:
    let me get this strait

the guy got a bit to close for your liking . then instead of pulling into the side and letting him away or taking his number plate down to report to the guards you decided that the only thing to do was tear away as fast as you could?

well , were not all tofu munching nerdlingers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

There a quick car plain and simple,hence there and ITR's populaity and cult following here

185bhp from a 1.6 N/A with endless amounts of parts and tuning potential to be well over 200bhp combined with there lack of weight isnt a slow car.

The gauges you saw were also probably oil pressure or oil temp gauges too,

C_Breeze wrote:
    well , were not all tofu munching nerdlingers :rolleyes:

good to hear ... i dont actually eat tofu whats your point with said comment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Big Balls wrote:
    And finally on your "tarring" shyte, there's a bit of a difference between someone who can buy an import CTR for 8 grand and the type of fella that spends €37,000 on a GTI
    Yes, the one who boasts about how much they can spend on a car is a wanker.

Yes, the one who boasts about how much they can spend on a car is a wanker.

I agree. OP, you should like a right spa and it sounds like you were looking for a race, not the other guys. So what if your car cost 37grand, and the other guys car is only worth a few grand, at the end of the day, saying how great your 37grand car is a load of b*llox

This is passing a very boring 4 hours in work so first of all, thanks.

The point of how much a GTI costs was a direct reply to someone saying "you're the same for driving a fast car". If you had a poverished upbringing or you are afraid of hard work and can't stomach the price of car having something to do with the type of person that buys it then tough. I can.

Nobody is doubting how much tuning potential the car has but people who drive them just seem to always have something to prove - a bit like the Glanza brigade in fact.

Why is the name of Jaysus would I pull over and ring the guards? About what? Some fella is after a quick blast in his mad out of it car and I'm more than willing to give him a go, so, where can I sign the statement guard???
    BrynW wrote:
    and it sounds like you were looking for a race, not the other guys.

See this is the bit I don't get!! HOW, can you make an assumption like that. Especially if I can't make the assumption (your words Bryn!!) that 9/10 times a tarted up Civic has a muppet behind the wheel.

Big Balls wrote:
    See this is the bit I don't get!! HOW, can you make an assumption like that. Especially if I can't make the assumption (your words Bryn!!) that 9/10 times a tarted up Civic has a muppet behind the wheel.

How can i make that assumption? Well pretty much because you said it. You said yourself how you floored it and how great you felt becuase they didn't keep up with you.

this thread is definatly a wind up cause ur bored at work and are looking for somthing entertaining to do . i suggest if your not afraid of doing some work you get back to it

• Advertisement

BrynW wrote:
    how you floored it and how great you felt becuase they didn't keep up with you.

Don't remember saying that.

Ah but elexes my job on a Sunday gives me ample opportunity to do very little yet still work hard but thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Big Balls wrote:
    Why is the name of Jaysus would I pull over and ring the guards? About what? Some fella is after a quick blast in his mad out of it car and I'm more than willing to give him a go, so, where can I sign the statement guard???.
    Isn't tailgating now a penalty points offence!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mmenarry

Golf GTi's aren't particluarly fast either, IMHE.

*runs*

M.

No need to run buddy.. I don't think anyone here would dispute that.

There's always going to be a faster car in life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Useless thread closed.

Oh and keep the personal attacks in your head and off the page or its banning time.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement