Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of replacement double glazing window pane

Options
  • 09-04-2006 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

any idea what it would cost me to get a 54cm x 45cm double glaze piece of glass for my teak windows?

Damn thing got a hirline crack in it and its now got condensation in between the 2 panes.

Would I be better getting the glass and attempting to replace it myself...what is the typical charge for the fitting of replacement panes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Lex

You can get a unit made by any resonable double glazing outfit.

Fitting it youself is different though, the seal on the inside can be quite stubborn. Ask when you are getting the unit made as it might only be a small extra. Though I can't see the manufacturer installing as it takes only a few miutes and its too small a job. Try it yourself I'd say

How much exactly for that size I can't be sure.

Advertisement