Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT kitten found

Options
  • 09-04-2006 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hi there: i ve just found a kitten is very small (and lovely)
    he needs some help, where can i take him?

I found him on my back garden, he was crying
    Gave him some milk, but he cries a lot and i dont know what to do or where to take him

please help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Can you tell roughly how old the kitten is?? Where abouts in the country are you? Have a look on http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?&&CODE=00 for more help & advice & also check out irishanimals too. If the kitten is crying there is a strong chance mum might still be around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 karen_jewels

hi: it is less than 4 weeks old, but he can drink the milk on its own, I just read he shouldnt be drinking cows milk, so ill change over to water and hard food. please tell me if this is correct.
    and it is likely the mother s around but she is a feral, do you think i should leave him where i found him???
    I d like to help him, the thing is I have to go to work tomorrow, the vet is closed so i dont know what to do.
    By the way, im in dublin 5. but i could drive somewhere where he could be looked after properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Contact Kittten Rescue http://www.kittenadoption.ie/ They will be able to help you.

If you can get some whiskers cat milk & some food you can get sachets of kitten food too - but do contact Jan for more info - how does the kitten look?? plump or skinny - how are the eyes?? dry nose or runny nose etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 karen_jewels

he ate some hard food, and now he seems to be happier, he is not crying.
    he doesnt look fat but one of his eyes look a bit weird
    I contacted irishanimals but they need a letter from a vet saying that the kitten has no worms...
    I dont know what to do with him tomorrow, if i leave him alone outside I might never be able to catch him again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CookieCat

Hi Karen. Jan posted on Irish Animals asking you to check with a vet if the kitten had ***ring worm*** which is a skin condition. She is hand rearing day old kittens at the moment and has kittens at 10 days up to 5 weeks a case of ring worm a fungus would be catastrophic to them (No pun untended ) I have just checked Irish Animals board and she replied that you need to leave a contact number as she has found a space for the kitten. **ME** I offered Jan to hold it till it can be seen by a vet.She was phoning around to try and get a place for the kitten.
    Did you give her a call? If nothing else she can advise what to do.
    I can take the kitten as Jan posted, but I need to have it brought to me as I don't drive. We do try and help when physically possible.I live in Kill Co Kildare.

Claire X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

Karen where in Coolock are you, if needs be I can collect the kitten from you tomorrow and I can either bring it to the clinic I volunteer in and have it checked out for ringworm, or if it is clear I can bring it to Jan's. Let me know. I am in Finglas but am from Coolock so know the area so can meet you......PM me with your mobile and I will ring you......

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

Karen, any word on the kitten, I will be seeing Jan this evening so if the kitten needs to get to Claire it has a lift.........let us know as soon as possible I will go up after work with a carrier and collect the kitten if needs be

Hi Just wondering what happened to the kitten.Can you drop me a note as spaces are filing up here.
    Claire X

I take it this has been sorted. For future reference spaces are limited a rescue space is a lottery.Too many cats/kittens not enough spaces or resources.
    Kitten adoption has taken 2 cats via this board to help out members in the past. Help was offered for this kitten and space held. It would have been protocol to inform the rescue as it allows them to plan ahead.

Claire X

Advertisement