Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge/Freezer not cooling/freezing properly

Options
  • 09-04-2006 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

I've got an American style tall side by side fridge freezer. The fridge doesn't seem to be chilling as it should, I've set it a 2 degrees. The freezer it's as cold as it should be. I've set it at - 22 but ice cream is softish, and the stuff on the door has thawed. It's nearly empty now. It's approx 18 months since I got it. Anyone any ideas why this could be happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Only thing I can think of is that a fridge struggles to regulate temp when the door is opened often ( usually with Kids/teens). Or the door is not sealing properly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Thanks, I've checked the door seal and it seem ok. There's a panel on the door that lights up if the door isn't shut properly and if a door is opened longer than 2 mins a beeper goes off to alert me. That seems fine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Try Googling the problem with the MAke and model to see if theres a common fault with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Do you have a problem with "iceing up" inside the unit? It shows as a great gob of discoloured ice in a corner or at the back under the freezer box.

check this

http://www.repairclinic.com/0088_4_1.asp

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

if your freezer is freezing and your fridge cooling (but not as much as it should) there's a few things it could be:

1: stat is gone
    2: check the catch at the door that turns the internal light on and off i've found alot of the times if this switch is broken the light raises the temp of the fridge by a noticable few degrees
    3: if it's just stuff in the door thats not cooling properly it could be the seal but if it is the seal you'll know has you'll have quite alot of water building up on the bottom of the fridge

• Advertisement
Advertisement