Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Content gage problems

• 09-04-2006 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Last Saturday I used my Aqua lung content gage for the first time since last September.
    When I compaired it to the content gage on the compressor and another gage I have, also Aqua lung, it showed 180 BAR, when the other two showed 210. It also did not go down below 50 BAR, when I closed the tank and cleared out the air.

I took it for a Dive in Greystones last Saturday, to see if that might get it back to normal, but no luck.

Can it be fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

Scania

Send it back to wherever you bought it and ask them to either fix it or give you a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Scania

Can't bring it back because:
    a. I bought it in 1993.
    b. Oceantec is no longer in business.

When I unscrewed it I found that there was dampness inside the presure hose and the part of the content gage, which shrew into the pressure hose. I wonder if the swivel is leaking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭dublinbay

buy a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭donny

Yep throw it away and get a new one. There's no point risking it to save a few quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Yer, safety first dude. As the boys are saying, trash it. They aren't expensive items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Alternatively you could use it as a novelty door handle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Scania wrote:
    When I unscrewed it I found that there was dampness inside the presure hose and the part of the content gage, which shrew into the pressure hose. I wonder if the swivel is leaking?

Hardly cause you would hear a hissing or your buddy would see a stream of bubbles!?, if there is dampness inside the hose, id get my 1st stage checked! Water in a first stage is not the best esp salt water, if its 1993 there is a good chance the copper tube that makes the neaddle move is more than likely expanded over time giving incorrect details! so a new one is defo the answer! better be safe than sorry!!

Advertisement