Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dangerous driving hotline?

Options
  • 09-04-2006 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I remember hearing something recently about a hotline being set up to report dangerous driving to the guards. Anyone know if it's up and what the number is? Obviously it's open to misuse, but I had very good reason to use it today, muppet in a beat-up '97 Vectra tailgating and undertaking on the M50, beeped the horn before he swerved back in, moved on to the next car and did the same.

Of course, if he ends up dead, he's just a 'tragic victim' of the 'carnage' on our roads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I always ring the 911 or 999 and ask for Garda...

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Doesn't seem like proper use of the emergency # to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Or.. I would ring 11850 and ask to be put through to what ever the nearest station is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Two times i rang, the people ended up being cought for drink driving. So i would really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

serrity wrote:
    I remember hearing something recently about a hotline being set up to report dangerous driving to the guards. Anyone know if it's up and what the number is? Obviously it's open to misuse, but I had very good reason to use it today, muppet in a beat-up '97 Vectra tailgating and undertaking on the M50, beeped the horn before he swerved back in, moved on to the next car and did the same.

Of course, if he ends up dead, he's just a 'tragic victim' of the 'carnage' on our roads.

Just wondering why he had to 'undertake'? Where people cruising in the overtaking lane?

• Advertisement

At 80, yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

serrity wrote:
    At 80, yes
    But were they overtaking? If not, they should be in the left hand lane. End of story!
    (The guy was still wrong to undertake , though!)

Yes, traffic on the inside was doing maybe 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

serrity wrote:

1890 205805 I think.

Yup that's it thanks. Next time, they're goin' down.

http://www.nsc.ie/News/Archive2004/February/Title,273,en.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

serrity wrote:
    Yup that's it thanks. Next time, they're goin' down.

http://www.nsc.ie/News/Archive2004/February/Title,273,en.html

I thought that whole TrafficWatch thingie had been disbanded recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

bazz26 wrote:
    1890 205805 I think.
    I usually ring this one, but today on while on the M50 I rang it after some nutcase in an Integra Type R went past me at over 160 km/h on the 100 km/h stretch. It reminded me of speeds seen on the Autobahns. What an idiot. Anyway I rang the number twice but was told it couldn't be connected. Is it still in use - has the number changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I never got through on that hotline number.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I never got through on that hotline number.
    I got through after 4 days.....diverted it to Mullingar Garda station and they took the details. On Friday last, Celbridge Garda stn. called me and asked me whether I wanted to take him to court.

I told him that I just wanted him cautioned...so apparently they do follow up all calls still.

Advertisement