Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lecture Attendence

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I have this problem where I cant sleep at night and then I cant get up in the morning. I dont know what the hells wrong with me but I keep missing my morning lectures and all my 9am tutorials and one could say im ****ed!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I haven't made all my lectures in the one week at all this year. I just hope I'm up at 7:00 for my 9:00 lecture. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

Grimes wrote:
    I have this problem where I cant sleep at night and then I cant get up in the morning. I dont know what the hells wrong with me but I keep missing my morning lectures and all my 9am tutorials and one could say im ****ed!
    It might have something to do with being on the net after 2 in the morning...

But yeah I'm the same obviously.

No i cant sleep. Thats why Im up. If i could sleep id be asleep . Then I know Ill miss my 12 o clock tomorrow

Grimes wrote:
    No i cant sleep. Thats why Im up. If i could sleep id be asleep . Then I know Ill miss my 12 o clock tomorrow
    I get that too but it's a vicious circle. The more you stay up the later you'll stay up tomorrow night etc.
    I hate my insomnia. It was really bad there over the Easter holidays. Some nights I didn't go asleep until after 7 the next morning, if that makes sense (aand I wasn't out drinking the night before or anything). It'll be a struggle to be up in time for my 1 o'clock class tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Im exactly in the same boat. I turn off my alarm clock in my sleep at 8 and then wake up early afternoon too late for anything. Dont know whats going on.

Grimes wrote:
    Im exactly in the same boat. I turn off my alarm clock in my sleep at 8 and then wake up early afternoon too late for anything. Dont know whats going on.
    That's kinda eerily the same as me. I often switch off my alarm in my sleep and wake up 4/5 hours later. Even if I do wake up getting out of the bed is still impossible though.:(

And when you do wake up it seems like a good idea at the time to go back to sleep because it all happenes in your sleep. At least im not the only one.

We should Start Sleepsoc .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I'm like that sometimes, I usually end the cycle by forcing myself to get up early one morning after a bad night's sleep, by that night I'm in bed nice and early cos I'm utterly dead and the new system of early to bed is in swing.

Still don't make it to many lectures though! I go to my seminars in both English and History but I hated the core courses in history and one of the two core English courses this year so I kinda just never went...regretting it now just a smidge...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Used to go into college once a week last semester, now I go to most of my lectures. Still managed to take Tuesday and Thursday off last week, which along with Wednesday's off was nice...

1st Comm is great like that sometimes.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

ye gods, i was in at nine o'clock this morning and i didn't even have a class. i haven't had classes since february and i've still been coming in at this hour quite regularly. i am a sick individual :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Seek help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

DaveMcG wrote:
    Last semester I missed a good few lectures and went to most of my tutorials, but this semester I'm going to most of my lectures and have been to like...3 tutorials altogether. I'm gonna go to them all until the summer exams, and library after lectures and in breaks on Monday, Wednesday and Friday!

...wonder how long that lasts...

Not long at all it seems, for I wasn't feelin on form so I went home at 1 o clock today, missing 2 lectures and tutorial!

Woohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Psych was cancelled . You lucky dawg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Grimes wrote:
    Psych was cancelled . You lucky dawg

:eek:

Awesome :D

Have you done the Irish history essay yet?

I have the question typed in bold in a Word document... I'm about to get it started... just after I-- *runs away*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nursebetty

I go to mine in general but then I like my course!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I actually got up at 9 for my accounting lecture, came into UCD and i still didn't go to it.....at least im in the library though so gettin sumfin done!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I hate all of my lectures, and I hate studying so I'm having a tough time this year, but I still make an effort to go to all my lectures. I don't think I've managed a golden week this year though; I always miss one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

rain on wrote:
    ye gods, i was in at nine o'clock this morning and i didn't even have a class. i haven't had classes since february and i've still been coming in at this hour quite regularly. i am a sick individual :(
    You scare me almost as much as the girl who gets up at 8am to study scares me! (I can't remember her name but I know I was talking to her at the beers). In the 4 years or my undergraduate degree I only had one golden week :o - but that said I did have 40 hours a week to go to - I was quite proud of that week! I haven't had any yet this year though for my masters - which is bad considering its only 12 hours a week :eek: I have the same problem Grimes and PaulDoh have where I go to bed about half three in the morning and then dont get up untill half ten or eleven everyday - but I cant sleep before half three...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

I've always been of the if you stay late enough getting up at 10 or 11 isnt so bad at all.

Personally being in for 9 just cant happen, Ive just not been able for it in a long ass time. I do wish to God I could but then again I always get as much study as I can in in a day, a few hours even if its sketchy.

What matters is that you dont go off the rails and do nothing! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I had as close to a platinum semester as is humanly possible last semester. Didn't miss a class, but there was a little bit of drinking. Was never hungover in class though. Was sick and missed a week this semester, and I missed three lectures besides that. So I'm on 3 (apart from the week I was ill), although two of those were on stuff I'm not actually covering for the exam... so yeah, I go to most things!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

rain on wrote:

OMG, how do you do this?! And can you teach me please?! :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i never miss class, just go in hung over. plus you get to dish out the gossip, rather than be the subject of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Hermione* wrote:
    OMG, how do you do this?! And can you teach me please?! :eek:

by the simple expedient of absolutely loving my subject matter :D
    i've been quite lame this week though, not getting up till 9 or 9.30. will do better next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

in first year i missed the first 6 weeks, went to two maths lectures out of 74, and about 40% of the other lectures. passed with a 1st average.

in second year i got glandular fever, missed the 6 weeks before christmas and went to about 30% of the second term lectures. Passed with a 2/1.

This year I'd say I've been to about 30% of lectures. I'm feel relatively confident about the exams. I'm not try to say this missing stuff is a good thing, I've been blessed with a good memory and find it easy to grasp the course concepts... but I really wish I could get up in the morning. Me and mornings... really, really not good. It's not that I dislike my course, it's great, I just find it very hard to get motivated enough to get out of the sack in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I haven't even come anywhere close to a golden week this year, maybe in first year.... on second thoughts no, I've never done it

Advertisement