Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

timber framed houses

Options
  • 09-04-2006 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Hi,

ive been toying with the idea of building a timber framed house and have been looking at a few websites, the prices seem fantastic. i got a quote for about 130K + VAT for a 5000 square foot house, now i know this is essentially just a shell i still need to get a builder to do all the masonary plumbing fitting etc etc and so on but i reckon everything else couldnt come to no more than another 100 - 120 K , so basically i could build the whole thing for about 300k (ish) including VAT. im wondering has anyone else here done something similar if so who did you use? are you happy? how much did it cost etc etc

any advise much apericiated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Many companies will take care of everything for you so it might be an idea to ask around for quotations right down to tiling, hardwood kitchen units, garden and driveway. 5000 square foot is pretty massive as standard houses go. Looking at guideline prices from 2003 you were talking about 320-370k outside of dublin/galway/cork and probably 380-450k in those cities. You'll have to factor in inflation over the last 3 years to get a better picture, but like I said, phone around and see what they tell you.

Advertisement