Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Computer-Phone bluetooth problem

• 09-04-2006 9:33pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

This was working. but somethings happens. My computer is bluetooth enabled. Got Bluetooth enalbed on my 6230i. They both see each other. But when i try and see whats on the phone. It errors out "the operation could not be completed

Any one got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i love errors like that. as specific as a horoscope. can't help with that info i'm afraid. if you told us this it might help:

what os do you have (and service packs)
    whats that brand of the bt adapter
    do you have any other computers/phones that you can test them with to try to narrow down the problem?
    does sending phone to phone work with bluetooth?

and when you say the see each other what do you mean? when i want to connect with bluetooth using the software that came with the adapter i have to enter a password on the computer and then again on the phone before they'll connect to each other. are you doing that?

if you're not using the nokia pc suite, i'd advise you to

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

windows XP SP2. I've got 2 bluetooth adaptors. Both no name brands from ebay. Sorry but can't remember the name of it.
    I will try with another phone to see what happens.
    When i say they see each other i mean the phone pops up as found in the systems tray automatically. I can delete and recreate pairing without issue.entering the password for paring works wothout issue. It's only when i try open the phone or folders that the error appears.
    The same error occurs when using Nokia PC suite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

that sounds odd. sp2 is fully set up for bluetooth so it should work with no hassle.

this is the procedure i follow with the pc suite:
    plug in adapter->open pc suite->click get connected->next->bluetooth connection->next.

then click on your adapter in the list. you have to click on it or it doesn't work

then click next. wait for it to find devices->click on the phone when it appears (again you have to click on it)->next->click phone again->finish. then it just works

when i open the file manager, the phone asks me if i want to accept a connection from the computer, but other than that there are no problems.

if you follow that procedure and it doesn't work, try updating the pc suite from the web or getting the latest drivers for the bt adapter from its site or www.driverguide.com

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Are they both paired??

The easiest way to pair them is to go to your phone to a picture or something and press "Copy". This will attempt to copy the file to the computer. But first, you will get a message on your phone saying "Would you like to connect to <computername>?" and then you say yes. It should prompt you for a password. The default is 0000 but this can be changed if wished. When this is done the two things will be paired, and then try again

Advertisement