Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trifari Jewellry

• 09-04-2006 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Helloo

I have a few necklaces by Trifari, as far as I know they are from the 1960's or 1970's. I can't find a gold stamp on them so I think they are costume jewelry. They are in very good condition and are beautiful pieces.

Does anyone know about Trifari jewellry, would they be worth anything? I'm not looking to sell them but it would be nice to know.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

Trifari did indeed do costume jewellery.An American company. don't be disappointed with it being costume, because it can still be valuable!! 1930s 40s and 50 s stuff is a growing market too. Good design is always good, even if not dripping in real rubies or diamonds!

The prices vary a lot : a brooch could be 30 quid anywhere to over 1000. The rarer the better.

Here's Judith Miller's word on it.
    http://www.dorlingkindersley-uk.co.uk/static/cs/uk/11/features/miller/learnmore02.html

I would say the best thing is to google a description of your necklace and hope to see a pic of a similar one to get an idea of price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

hi smileygal

thanks for that link, i'll have a search for some that look like mine. the necklaces are lovely, they have a very unusual style and the clasp is really decorative on them.

i went to a pawnbroker to see if he would know anything about them, and he said he didn't know anything about them, if they're not gold/silver/diamonds he's not interested he said! (i was only looking for info from him not to pawn them!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

Ha ha wouldn't it be funny bringing a €1000 piece of Trifari to the pawnbroker and him turning up his nose at it!

I'd say Americans are more aware of it and its value. I had a google myself and some lovely elegant designs - sure you don't need to worry about as much insurance/being stolen as the same in diamonds.

Have a look at Jackson Jewels - yum!

Advertisement