Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

the worst drivers drive...

Options
  • 09-04-2006 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

everything.

OBVIOUSLY.

I look through these threads it's all

4x4 drivers are crap
    micra drivers are crap
    bmw drivers are crap

Things I've learned

1. I don't have more or fewer bad experiences with "boy racers" than with any other type of car
    2. Micras drive slower on the motorway than BMWs do. This is a function of how fast the car will go easily, not the skill or awareness of the driver. The BMW driver could be concentrating very hard, and the micra driver could be on his mobile. Or vice versa. Who cares?
    3. People who drive BMWs aren't always assholes. I've been let out in bad traffic queues often by BMW drivers.
    4. In Ireland 4x4s are actually a good idea because the roads outside of dublin are the equivalent to ditches in more developed nations.
    5. Bullbars are the ultimate in arrogance
    6. The worst drivers on the road are unlicenced or provisionally licenced. If you can drive well, you'd have passed your test to save on insurance.

Just my rant for the day; Comments on a postcard.

The worst drivers are (all that apply) 92 votes

More likely to drive big, expensive cars
    0% 0 votes
    More likely to drive small, cheap bangers
    16% 15 votes
    Likely to be driving anything from a bicycle to an articulated lorry
    16% 15 votes
    Men
    33% 31 votes
    Women
    9% 9 votes
    Foreigners
    23% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Atari Jaguar FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

You missed one...

People who post questions like this...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

First post looks good to me. Especially the bit about BMW drivers.:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The worst drivers are the ones who put the "L" plate on up side down,IMO if you cannot do a simple task like that you should not be on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

The worst drivers are those that are obnoxious old men who drive big cars, bmw's, merc's. I find I've had the most offensive driving from those types.

They take stupid liberties when driving, they seem to think just cos they are driving a big car they can get away with anything...

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote:
    The worst drivers are the ones who put the "L" plate on up side down,IMO if you cannot do a simple task like that you should not be on the road.

Yeah, and have you seen the drivers that cut their L plates into circles or heart shapes??? eh hello like... (isnt that actually an offence??)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Or the ones who have the home made L plate,cheap cnuts will not speed a few euro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Garth wrote:
    2. Micras drive slower on the motorway than BMWs do. This is a function of how fast the car will go easily, not the skill or awareness of the driver. The BMW driver could be concentrating very hard, and the micra driver could be on his mobile. Or vice versa. Who cares?

he, he, he saw a micra speeding on the M50 the other day (was doing 120km and he was pulling away pretty fast so i'd reckon he was doin about 130km) was pissing myself laughing becuase it's the ONLY time i've ever seen a micra go fast LOL
    Garth wrote:

6. The worst drivers on the road are unlicenced or provisionally licenced. If you can drive well, you'd have passed your test to save on insurance.

bull, i know plenty on provisionals and they highly competitent drivers, the problem is waiting a year for a test and then not getting failed for something stupid, in fact i dare say i've seen more terrible driving from cars with no L plates (so i presume they've full licenses) than from L driver cars

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

You missed Taxi drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Garth wrote:
    2. Micras drive slower on the motorway than BMWs do. This is a function of how fast the car will go easily, not the skill or awareness of the driver. The BMW driver could be concentrating very hard, and the micra driver could be on his mobile. Or vice versa. Who cares?....
    miju wrote:
    he, he, he saw a micra speeding on the M50 the other day (was doing 120km and he was pulling away pretty fast so i'd reckon he was doin about 130km) was pissing myself laughing becuase it's the ONLY time i've ever seen a micra go fast LOL...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/EE4010D0-5B9F-466F-9A46-AFD5D477D979.htm

Theres no such thing as slow cars, only slow drivers. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

miju wrote:
    bull, i know plenty on provisionals and they highly competitent drivers, the problem is waiting a year for a test and then not getting failed for something stupid

With the greatest of respect, this is absolute rubbish. Anyone who is incapable of passing the driving test can hardly be described as a "highly competent driver".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

You missed Taxi drivers

Taxi drivers who refuse to indicate!

miju wrote:
    bull, i know plenty on provisionals and they highly competitent drivers, the problem is waiting a year for a test and then not getting failed for something stupid, in fact i dare say i've seen more terrible driving from cars with no L plates (so i presume they've full licenses) than from L driver cars

some drivers are on provisionals but will drive around with no L plates up. i know quite a few drivers who do this... i just hope they get caught and cautioned or something, cos its not right. L plates are there for a reason....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

rsta wrote:
    some drivers are on provisionals but will drive around with no L plates up. i know quite a few drivers who do this... i just hope they get caught and cautioned or something, cos its not right. L plates are there for a reason....

What about the ones who cut the red L out and stick it in the window (minus the white backround of course) to try to hide it?????????????:confused:

What about the ones who cut the red L out and stick it in the window (minus the white backround of course) to try to hide it?????????????:confused:

they are in denial i think. Sure everyone starts of as a learner driver.. there is no shame in it :rolleyes: some people think they are better than the rest, i guess thats why they cut their L plates.

they should put proper L's up and thats that. I'm sure there is a law about displaying proper L plates...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There is. Those cut-out-the-L types are illegal.
    Your L-plate, afaik, needs to have at least 1 inch of white around the L in all directions.

Upside down and backwards L-plates should be grounds for banning the driver in question - they're clearly too stupid to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭matt cork

Garth wrote:
    3. People who drive BMWs aren't always assholes. I've been let out in bad traffic queues often by BMW drivers.

that was me :D and your very welcome!

common courtesy costs absolutely nothing and being aware of driving conditions, those around you should be second nature to anyone

im a bmw driver now, having previously been an alfa driver, but can assure people im no a**ehole on the road, occassional bad habits etc..... but certainly not unsafe

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Pug 206's and the foldy-metal-roof version thereof.

Darlings, perhaps if you can take your pink Motorola clamshell phone from your peroxide and GHD infested head and concentrate on the road you might learn enough to be able to lose the L-plates and subsequently move up the bimbette motoring chain to a Rav4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

I'll tell you who the worst drivers are

-- drivers who don't pay their full attention to the road, usually because they're on their phone or something, and they drive too slowly and in between lanes

-- drivers who drive far too fast for the given situation, usually seen on narrow country roads

-- drivers who lack sufficient experience under certain conditions, like drivers who don't entirely know how to use a roundabout

-- drivers who pull out infront of you on a roundabout and nearly cause an accident

-- drivers who don't indicate on roundabouts or when changing lanes

-- drivers who drive under the influence of drugs and drink.

You cannot point the finger at any particular group of people and label them because they have a provisional licence, because they drive a particular car, or they are an aggressive male, stupid woman driver etc. There are bad drivers from all backgrounds who drive any type of vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

the worst driver are..............anyone on the road at the same time as me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

miju wrote:
    he, he, he saw a micra speeding on the M50 the other day (was doing 120km and he was pulling away pretty fast so i'd reckon he was doin about 130km) was pissing myself laughing becuase it's the ONLY time i've ever seen a micra go fast LOL

The micra is a fast enough car when it wants to be. It's just that the stereotypical old dears that drive them never let them above 40mph. I drive one and I can drive at the speedlimit no problems.

Bond-007 wrote:
    The micra is a fast enough car when it wants to be. It's just that the stereotypical old dears that drive them never let them above 40mph. I drive one and I can drive at the speedlimit no problems.

Micra are nippy enough on the take off but once you hit the speedlimit they will struggle, try passing out a lorry in a micra, its a scary experience when your used to flooring it and past them in 2-3 secs, the driver of the lorry has enought time to have a conversation with you as you struggle to get past him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

got a new one from this morning, people who change lanes in the middle of a roundabout and then go back through their original lane when their coming off it

wtf is that all about????????

miju wrote:
    got a new one from this morning, people who change lanes in the middle of a roundabout and then go back through their original lane when their coming off it

wtf is that all about????????

Thats an old one, try the Blanch roundabout on the N3, random lanes changes are required when using it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

Some people don't follow the exact lane they should be in on a roundabout. They just drift around from where they come on to where they exit, usually going straight, as opposed to hugging closer to the bend which would be more correct. They also do this because they may go through the roundabout too fast..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Old People

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

All of you, get out of my way SUV coming through! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Farmers in flat caps in VW Ventos
    Women in VW Polo saloons

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Every day I come accross all sorts of people driving badly in all sorts of vehicles. They all get under my skin but I try to stay calm!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Debbio69

feckin Taxi ''i dont need to use indicators'' Men

Advertisement