Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

the worst drivers drive...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Anything with a Toyota badge on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Without a doubt the worst drivers drive...the Nissan Almera.

The sort of people who drive really slowly behind a truck/tractor & make it difficult to overtake safely - it's number two that causes the queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

pburns wrote:
    it's number two that causes the queue!

That's a good slogan for a safety campaign :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

id just say were all bad drivers at a given time / moment . were not all perfect . we all forget to do something at somtime . no one can say they never make a mistake .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

elexes wrote:
    no one can say they never make a mistake .

Excupt me. Me mever nake mistaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

pburns wrote:
    It's number two that causes the queue...
    unkel wrote:
    That's a good slogan for a safety campaign :)

Only problem is it's the middle-aged, middle-of-the-road Almera/Corolla/Bora driver who claims the moral high-ground when a frustrated driver has to overtake 2 vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

L drivers that drive solo - surely they shouldn't be driving on their own unless they have the ability - never mind about the law - "oh im on a second prov, that means i can drive on my own". I dont mind seeing a crap learner who has a licensed person in the car with them, but it's (generally) the women who buy a car "because it's cute" or are bought a car "to ferry the kids around" without passing their test that I find the worst liability.

Yesterday, in one of the UCD carparks a silly bint in a car doddy bought her on L's was in front of me (stationary), suddenly whacked the car in reverse and accelerated without looking. My car has never gone backwards so quickly. She then looked in her mirror AFTER she performed the manoever. Just one example.

I think the "its too long for a test" excuse is stupid - I waited as did many of my friends. On my first lesson, I was advised of the test waiting period (which then was 6 months), and booked accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Fellas, fellas, fellas, we all forgot that the worst drivers drive Honda Civics. Weather it is boy racer scum or old grannys, one thing is for sure is that they all are crap drivers. On two occasions I've nearly been hit by people driving Civics, on both occasions it was due to their incompetence.

I have to agree with the OP on Micra drivers been slow on the motorway. Being one myself, I don't go over 55mph on the motorway, one to save fuel, and two for the fact I have no interest in going fast anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

oh i got a goodie today, saw a merc driver on the roundabout by the port tunnel do a..........................................

wait for it..............

THREE POINT TURN ON A FRICKIN ROUNDABOUT i **** you not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

These...

mmenarry_white_glanza2.JPG

I have yet to see one of these chav carriages driven with a modicum of decency and respect for others...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

These...

mmenarry_white_glanza2.JPG

I have yet to see one of these chav carriages driven with a modicum of decency and respect for others...
    They haven't evolved that far yet and I'm sorry to say some of them never will.
    Most of them are arrogent little s***es.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Little girls on tricycles tbh. Shouldn't be allowed on the road :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

pburns wrote:
    it's number two that causes the queue!

Sounds like something to be displayed in a public restroom :)

Advertisement