Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

prepaid email with o2 on a SE p900?

• 10-04-2006 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

hey guys, trying to set up an email account through gprs on a p900 but kinda lost. I have my own domain and email account, which i'd like to be able to send and recieve from my phone. I have downloaded the settings from the sony ericsson site for o2 prepaid, and the Internet browsing works fine, but I cannot get email to work, can anyone help! i get the error 'activation rejected'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

heggie wrote:
    hey guys, trying to set up an email account through gprs on a p900 but kinda lost. I have my own domain and email account, which i'd like to be able to send and recieve from my phone. I have downloaded the settings from the sony ericsson site for o2 prepaid, and the Internet browsing works fine, but I cannot get email to work, can anyone help! i get the error 'activation rejected'
    hi heggie how is the for you.i think the best option is call o2 from another phone and they will tell you the settings over the phone or send them to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

hey :) goin grand, havnt played around with it much, i seem to have the settings just probably doin somethin wrong!

anyone any ideas !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, use the 02 Prepay pp.internet access point settign from this sticky thread:
    Irish Operator Settings

if you have any trouble make sure you are enabled for that specific access point, you'll need to check with O2 support

and be aware of the data charges, suggest taking down headers only (or first X KB of an email)

thanks for that, i had tried those settings still no luck, but emailed o2 yesterday, hopefully they can sort it out.

• Advertisement

heggie any luck yet.hopefully they can help in the email reply.

no reply as yet :rolleyes: looks like i'll have to ring the feckers!

heggie wrote:
    no reply as yet :rolleyes: looks like i'll have to ring the feckers!
    yeah and you will be waiting ages as there customer service is becoming really poor.

i'd do the call approach, they used to have a dedicated internet/mobile data support number but they dropped it a good while back :(

if they seem condused make sure to highlight it is GPRS Internet/ISP you want, not just GPRS WAP - mentioning the access point name pp.internet sometimes helps too :)

thanks, been through email supprt, fairly quick once the 1st responce was made, no closer to figuring it out tho, they now want my email settings for testing purposes only :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

it should not be that bloody hard.the main problem is that o2 are just really lazy.;)

heggie wrote:
    fairly quick once the 1st responce was made, no closer to figuring it out tho

hi, is the connection working now and just the email is failing or is the GPRS connection still not being established?

things like detailing error messages or describing what is happening is helpful when trying to offer suggestions :)

cant be much clearer than my first post.

email not working, internet in general working.

error msg: 'activation rejected'

thats all the info i have!

heggie wrote:
    cant be much clearer than my first post.

email not working, internet in general working.

error msg: 'activation rejected'

thats all the info i have!

o2 are really taking the pi$$, call them and talk to a supervisor tell them of the service.they are really lasy and un helpful.

what did they say the time you rang them before.

also heggie please leave me feedback on my feedback site.check out my signiture.
    thanks

Advertisement