Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Nooooo! (BIOS)

Options
  • 10-04-2006 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭

I am an idiot :(

I was flashing my bios and it went wrong....well I bloody knocked the power off...idiot....now I get nothing when the pc is turned on.

Its a Phoenix Bios K7 chip (which I can remove)
    Where can I get it reprogramed in dublin, all I need is a shop that has an eprom programmer.
    I have the bios for it.

Help!! I need to know anywhere I can get it fixed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

you can do a hot swap if u find someone with the same bios chip, preferable the same motherboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

lafors wrote:
    I am an idiot :(

I was flashing my bios and it went wrong....well I bloody knocked the power off...idiot....now I get nothing when the pc is turned on.

Its a Phoenix Bios K7 chip (which I can remove)
    Where can I get it reprogramed in dublin, all I need is a shop that has an eprom programmer.
    I have the bios for it.

Help!! I need to know anywhere I can get it fixed.

there is no one in dublin that does this afaik

need to probably send to the states :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I do, depending on the BIOS chip type. If it's PLCC (usually square) type I can prob do it, but if it's DIP type (rectangular) I can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

WizZard wrote:
    I do, depending on the BIOS chip type. If it's PLCC (usually square) type I can prob do it, but if it's DIP type (rectangular) I can't.

You would be a hero if you could do it.
    I've attached a pic of it.
    Can you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I should be able to. It'd be tomorrow night late before I could do it though. Can you get it to me, with a link to the BIOS file, or an update floppy?
    PM for my address details.

• Advertisement

I got it working :)

I pulled out the battery and tried to boot, wouldn't, obviously.
    When I put it back in it booted straight away with my new bios.

What happened?
    Was it holding onto some CMOS settings?

It working :D

Thanks to Wizzard for the offer of help, it shows why boards is a cool place!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Should it happen again, I've had to use http://www.flashbios.org before and found them excellent. Based in Holland.

aaf wrote:
    Should it happen again, I've had to use http://www.flashbios.org before and found them excellent. Based in Holland.

Cool thanks :)

Advertisement