Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what happened to command and conquer on consoles ?

Options
  • 10-04-2006 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

I had c&c and red alert on the ps1 but none of the others came onto it or the ps2 anyone know why ? even with the controller it was still a great game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Does it matter why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

....maybe it had ****e sales as most people who would buy RA have a pc and woudln't touch off a console for an RTS game?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It got crap when Westwood left and then jingoistic racist american overtones were added by EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It got crap when Westwood left and then jingoistic racist american overtones were added by EA.
    "I fight for peace" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

I would have thought that EA taking over would guarantee it on every console. I also remember it being fairly popular at that time and mags giving it good reviews just seems strange to have dissapered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote:

explain.

I stopped playing c&c after red alert

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Play C&C Generals. One of the armies is a terrorist army with slaves as workers that say things like 'ouch! okay I work' and 'please I have no shoes'. Of course there are the gung-ho american marines blowing the **** out of everything. And then the old enemy. The heartless citizen killing commies of the chinese army.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The arab side had the classy suicide bomber class too. I hate that ****ing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

isnt there a command + conquer heading to the DS?

and isnt the racist overtones of generals meant to be taken as over the top tongue and cheek? like red alert 2?

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    and isnt the racist overtones of generals meant to be taken as over the top tongue and cheek? like red alert 2?

Only if it was over the top and tongue in cheek. It was made to appeal to the american audience and did it with as much class as a 55 year old hooker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Only if it was over the top and tongue in cheek. It was made to appeal to the american audience and did it with as much class as a 55 year old hooker.

LMFAO!!!

yeah, that sounds pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Don't you watch Starcraft TV? To play RTS competitively nowadays, you need mouse/keyboard.
    It's all about the micro, baby!

Watch Pure Pwnage if you don't get that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

yea its easier to play at a pc but I dont find it as fun

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i was a c and c fan back in the westwood, covert ops and all. got crap tho, tib sun was the best of the new bunch. i even got c and c on the ol n64...feeble attempts at 3d ruined it

Advertisement