Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation - again!

Options
  • 10-04-2006 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Anybody know anything or comment on a new spray on insulation for timberframed houses. Apparently A & A insulation showed it at an exhibition at weekend. I'm waiting on a call back this morning but curious if anyone else has used it or heard of similiar.

As I understand they spray it between studs at 6" depth and it hardens. Only issues I can think of would be the wiring is forever enshrined in the insulation - no pulling through a second cable later!! Probably would only do exterior walls anyway.

Do you think its charateristics would be similiar to kingspan?

Wonder how effective this might be in a vaulted ceiling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Not sure what product you have seen, but 150mm of spray-on insulation seems excessive.

I had my roof insluated by Conservobond. This is a 25mm spray-on insulation/waterproofing/bonding treatment. Can't remember the U-value to be honest. My house is very toasty though. Details:
    Conservobond
    Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin
    Phone: (01) 2821492

As it is not that thick you could easily run cables over it if needed in the future.

You should compare the U-values of whatever products you are checking out. Hard to say how what you saw compares with Kingspan products, but would advise that you ask A & A for a spec of their product. Compare this with the specs of other similar products.

Advertisement