Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shoes

• 10-04-2006 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭

now that i am the owner of a 3V card, i can shop on the net. so please direct me to the best websites for the purchase of veggie shoes- ones that are reliable and have normal sizes (ie-don't call a size 4 a 7 etc etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

i warn you that the sizes on www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk are dodgy.... you don't get what you want sometimes because some are a half size big etc... though my friend was lucky and got a perfect pair. plus, they are slow at getting back to you via email.. when it matters most!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

Is there any place in Dublin that sells a reasonable range of shoes not made from leather? I would rather not make a purchase over the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

googled vegan shoes on the web and nothing jumped out at me. there is a shoe company very like mbt's that do vegan shoes. their website is www.lovethoseshoes.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Samos- there is no specific shop in Ireland that sells them! as far as i know. you just have to check the sticker, and that doent even cover the glue.

i have, at the moment, a couple of pairs of canvasy shoes, a pair of strappys, and one fantastic pair of plain black boots that i was lucky enough to find in Dunnes 2years ago. they're all getting a little tattered, particularly my beloved boots- i need somewhere to replenish my supply.

Has anyone had any experiance with online sites? i'd like to go somewhere i've heard decent things about...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I hear they now sell hemp shoes in Dublin. \o/
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 bonzo82

I haven't actually used these guys but I've been drooling over their shoes, they have some fab designs. I reckon they're probably pricey, but they're worth a look! www.beyondskin.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

i guess you just gotta keep your eyes on the label. plenty of clothes shops like dorithy perkins and new look have nice black evening shoes without leather... you just have to keep searching for the labels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

i do look at the stickers. but theres no way to tell if the glue is animal based or not. i have had to make do with just making sure the shoes arent leather, but now id like to exclude animal glue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I bought shoes from www.veganessentials.com before and i'm very happy with them. They're american so make sure you get the sizes right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Vegan shoes made out of recycled materials for sale in the Buddah Bag shop off Millenium Walkway, opposite the Millenium Bridge on the North Side. They do a really good version of a basic Converse, apparently. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement