Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Please help!!

Options
  • 10-04-2006 11:36am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Im doing my test today and totally forgot to revise the new stuff. These new questions came in since last year.

Technical Checks.
    You will be asked to explain how a check would be performed on any three of the following-
    (a) tyres, (b) lights, (c) reflectors, (d) indicators, (e) engine oil, (f) coolant,
    (g) windscreen washer fluid, (h) steering, (i) brakes, (j) horn.

Any1 have the correct responses to these? My test is an hour so a speedy response would be useful :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

You should know that without having to ask.

No offense or anything but if you need to ask how to check the oil lights indicators horn coolant you need to ask yourself some serious questions.

Good luck with the test all the same.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

lol, I know sjut about all of them them except for brakes. I was just wondering if there are official responees to them as there are other questions.

How would you go about checking your breaks since I presume its in a stationery postion. This is the one I dont know

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I only done 2 tests there the last 2 weeks!! They actually only get you to pop open the bonnet and ask you stuff like: "Where would you place water for your window washers" "where is your dipstick" "where would you find your brake fluid resevouir" they are pretty easy!! Good luck with the test!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Well you could stand on them and see what happens!!! ;)

You can also (when cold!!) run your finger along the face of the disc and feel for any roughness and at the very edge of the disc there will be a lip after a certain amount of wear, the bigger the lip, the closer you are to needing new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

How do you know if the horn is working? Press the horn if you hear a noise its working if not its not.

Common Sense comes to mind here :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement