Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cricket world cup 2007

• 10-04-2006 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all, I'm thinking about going to the cricket world cup next year and was wondering if anyone who posts on here is going, are any Irish tour operators doing packages or is there an official ICU tour operator? Appreciate any help, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

Since we didn't make the soccer World Cup, I think we should all go and support Ireland playing the other "garrison game" at the cricket World Cup. And hey where would you want to go for two weeks, Germany or the West Indies? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I think I mixed up these two threads :o

Anyhoo... C&P....

Packages, as we'll be based in Jamaica, accomodation should be ok to get, a bit better than other islands, for sure, i.e. at least we are not in England's group for that. I don't see any package deals, but I'd be wary of booking deposits just yet, there is one more hurricane season left before the tournament starts, and the ICC themselves think that the WICB will get to host the tournament, but if a few islands and stadia get damaged, I think the have either Australia or SA on stand-by to step in.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 veliktom

Thanks DMC, damn hurricanes always causing trouble! I'm not thinking of booking anything yet, just gathering info.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

Carribean Connections in Midleton Cork are doing packages, not sure of prices, I have heard that the cost of accomodation is very high as owners cash in on the WC. As regards being easy to get, don't forget that we are in a group with the WI who will have a big travelling support from the UK so flights and hotels could be hard/expensive to come by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Lisa Mag

A girl in our club is organising the package for anyone interested in North County and the Hills CC i think... (she is married to Paul Mooney, plays for NCCC and Irish team)
    €1300 flights and 3star accomodation....

can't remember the name of the place she works for, but at next training session i'll check it out for yee if ye like...

I think there are 54 going between the Hills CC And North County CC... i'd love to go but am going to Florida in Sept, and i'd never save in time lol :D

I think the tickets for the matches over there go on sale this week.

I know i got a price in March for €2119 including match tickets but they couldn't confirm they could get the tickets for the matches and they wanted €500 deposit non refundable cause they can only book flights a year in advance or something i think and they couldn't even confirm defo getting them, that was from Carribean Connections... i'm trying to find the e-mail now lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BrianShelley

I really want to go but i just don't have the time.

Sinca ireland are there i begged to get a lend of some money from my dad but he wn't gave to me.

Advertisement