Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Professional Snagger?

Options
  • 10-04-2006 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

We are considering bringing in a professional snagger to make sure that we don't miss anything but I have not idea what this would cost. What have other people paid for this service?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Hiya!

I used these to snag the house:
    A1 Snagging Services,
    11 Woodstown Abbey,
    Knocklyon,
    Dublin 16.
    Ph: 01 493 3016 / 087 699 5898
    Email: housesnags@hotmail.com

It cost €250 to snag the whole house. Thay had to call to the house twice as the Foreman didn't have the keys, but A1 didn't charge me extra for mileage or for the extra trip.:D

Hope it works out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

If you are having no luck you could try the guy from www.allaboutbuildings.ie His price for a 2-bed townhouse is around €280 but it has probably gone up since!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Do_nal

Hey Hope,

we used Homesnag for ours, check out www.homesnag.ie

I have to say they were really good, a guy called Fintan did for us only last saturday. (not about you lastsaturday) !! :D

We had no idea of the cost etc either but they were recommended already on this Forum. Costs €250 for a 2-bed townhouse and they come out and do a re-check as well when the builder has finished. All included in the price. He just sent us the completed snag list this morning, and I can honestly say I wouldve missed half of it if I'd done it myself!!

Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Hope75

Thanks for the information! It seems so high but I'm sure it will save us money in the long run if they can catch things that we would never see. We are going to submit the snag for our 2 bed townhouse on thursday - hopefully it will be a short list and hopefully the builders are working next week so we can move into the house sooner rather than later!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

If you want to save you should do this yourself....
    It's very simple
    I can get you a template that the snagger (who is just a regualr guy who folows the template) will use....

All of the checks are very obvious like plugging in a lamp in every socket - filling bath / sinks etc....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 shay123

For anyone interested snagging provided by Crowley Property Services based in Greystones, 087 6917778. 220 Euros per house, fully itemised list to the client and builder including follow up to check on repairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Hope75 wrote:
    Thanks for the information! It seems so high but I'm sure it will save us money in the long run if they can catch things that we would never see. We are going to submit the snag for our 2 bed townhouse on thursday - hopefully it will be a short list and hopefully the builders are working next week so we can move into the house sooner rather than later!

Get a pro. I've experience in the building trade but I admit that I did a sh!t job of snagging my own house and am sorry I didn't use a pro. Do both, i.e. bring the checklist referred to above and be there when the snagger is doing his/her! stuff.

Good Luck! Look through the froum and see what problems may be relevant.

Hi - I have attached a completed snag list....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mjc ire

Is The Attached Snag A Charlesland Apartment??

I Am Due To Snag My 2 Bed Townhouse In The Next Couple Of Weeks And Was Wondering If These Are The Kind Of Things I Should Be Looking Out For...

It's a 2 bed apt in sowrds...
    Yes these are what you should be looking for

• Advertisement

It's a 2 bed apt in sowrds...
    Yes these are what you should be looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Trafford

hello folks,

I recently bought a house on the northside, well Ratoath, got a local architect to do the list. 1st class service, did 2 visits because he insisted on power and water being connected before doing the list. No extra charge for having to come back. And a nice guy too. total cost €175 for a 2 bed house...happy days. And he had the builder provide an extract in the kitchen because it didnt comply with some building regulation, saved me a few bob there...so he basically paid for himself.

His name is Eddie Peppard... EJP Architectural Services 0861656697 if anyones interested.

Advertisement