Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Induction Kit questions

Options
  • 10-04-2006 1:18pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am loooking to get an Induction kit fitted to my MGTF 160 can anybody recommend a good supplier and fitter in Dublin.

Thanks,
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Debbio69

id recommend Suped near the nass road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

TCP/IP - I'd highly recommend Martin Treacy in Enfield if you are planning on a K&N setup... however, before you proceed I would also do some research on some of the MG owners forums - for personal opinions/options to go for?

Re: fitting, perfectly ok for you to do yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Big mistake ppl do is they dont get the car properly remapped for this.

It is advisable just in my opinion to get the car remapped.

kluivert wrote:
    Big mistake ppl do is they dont get the car properly remapped for this.

It is advisable just in my opinion to get the car remapped.

remapped for what? exactly? :confused:

There is a MAF sensor on most cars so it should adjust (be it, v.v.v slightly when the proper kit is installed correctly) :)

Having said that, the most you will get out of an induction kit without further engine upgrades on a n/a engine is a deeper sounding intake & minimal power increases (if any)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

^^^

As above,no need for remapping on an airfilter,itd be fairly pointless as the ecu will reprogram on its own.

Id do as much research into your car as possible before buying one,dont go down the "universal" road if possible but look for one with actual proven gains by owners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Sorry I thought that some induction kits can reduce power.

I know in some cars you need to get an air feed otherwise the induction kit will just suck in hot air from the engine, and try and get a heat shield as well.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

thanks for the replies lads i will have a look with the MG forum boys, I reckon the trouble will be getting somebody with MGTF experience to fit it in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Halfords and the likes supply them, they ar pretty easy to install, I fitted a K&N one to my last car, very good instructions come with them, check them out on-line, you can view the instructions as well to see if you are comfortable with doing it yerself.

But if you want someone else to do the work then somewhere like Suped would be good.

kluivert wrote:
    Sorry I thought that some induction kits can reduce power.

yup, your right.
    Actually the majority of kits fitted loose power - cause the owner was more concerned with intake sound than the benefits of a decent induction setup :rolleyes:

Homework needs to be done and the correct setup needs to be installed for any benefit:cool:

Advertisement