Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet problem

• 10-04-2006 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭

I just switched to kubuntu and I can't enable my network card. It worked fine on ordinary ubuntu. When I open up network settings it tells me to enable administrator mode. But when I do this, everything in network settings disapears and all that is left is a red line around a blank page. What am I doing wrong?

edit

ok, now it prompts me for a password but typing it does nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

Kevo wrote:
    I just switched to kubuntu and I can't enable my network card. It worked fine on ordinary ubuntu. When I open up network settings it tells me to enable administrator mode. But when I do this, everything in network settings disapears and all that is left is a red line around a blank page. What am I doing wrong?

I have the same issue. How did you get it to ask for a password?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭deimos

open a prompt, type
    sudo bash

enter your password, and then type
    ifconfig eth0 up
    dhclient eth0

(if it's not eth0, try eth1 and so on)

Advertisement